IT Program Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
J5 Consulting is a Maryland based company established in 2006 to provide computing and consulting services for government and commercial entities. Our services improve Information System networking performance and compliance and protect electronic assets from loss and compromise. We welcome your application to receive consideration for the following position.
This position is for immediate hire.
The Customer is seeking programmatic support for its community-oriented requirements process related to a major analytic software application effort, including executive-level support to the Customer’s management team and its working groups. The Customer seeks a contractor who is energetic, self-starting, extremely organized, and capable of working independently as well as in a team environment. The contractor must be able to work on multiple requirements and work to flexible priorities. The contractor must be a strong advocate for change management and able to help the team adopt new technologies. The software to be supported is the Customer’s jointly-developed search and discovery application, which involves constant collaboration with the Customer’s IT partners and users of the applications to ensure the full range of user needs are captured and managed.
This position will:
- Serve as a key resource for application requirements.
- Oversee the strategic programmatic planning from roadmap conceptualization to specific timetables for technical deliveries.
- Consistently seek out and pass along user feedback on the Customer’s enterprise search and discovery applications.
- Provide troubleshooting assistance for users on the Customer’s enterprise search and discovery applications, as needed.
- Provide training, briefing and demonstration support on the Customer’s enterprise search and discovery applications, as needed.
- Organize meetings with internal and with external partners.
- Highlight critical issues that other subject matter experts are encountering as they pertain to application design and implementation.
- Document meetings and track actions from meetings, and monitor progress on those actions.
- Design and support the delivery of weekly training classes for the Customer’s enterprise search and discovery applications.
- Create training materials to highlight new features and concepts throughout the development cycle and revise materials to accurately depict upgrades to the application.
Required skills and demonstrated experience:
- Demonstrated experience of program management techniques to execute multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated experience in problem resolution to include organizing and structuring solutions to complex problems, planning projects, meeting objectives, developing contingencies, and producing schedules.
- Demonstrated experience leading multiple efforts to prioritize tasks across a disparate customer base.
- Demonstrated experience with Agile methodology and requirements management.
- Demonstrated experience in creating, drafting, and reviewing program documentation.
- Demonstrated experience communicating with technologists, translating non-technical information into IT jargon and vice versa.
Highly desired, though not required, include:
- Demonstrated experience with the Customer’s analyst workflows and analytic technology.
- Demonstrated experience supporting the delivery of regular training classes for the Customer’s enterprise search and discovery applications.
- Demonstrated experience with the Customer’s search and discovery applications and analytic workflow processes.
- Demonstrated experience with spearheading Customer community working groups and creating relevant supporting documentation.
- Demonstrated experience conducting application adoption activities for the Customer and its partners.
- Demonstrated experience with coordination and collaboration skills with an ability to work successfully across the Customer and its partners’ organizational boundaries.
- This position requires US Citizenship. Verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements will be confirmed.
- The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Security Clearance with a Full Scope Polygraph.
- Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
- This position is expected to be onsite. The position will be located within the Washington Metropolitan Area (WMA).
- Local travel/POV will be on an as needed basis, within the local place of performance.
This position is for immediate hire.
J5 Consulting offers excellent benefits and compensation packages. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing fair and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at J5 Consulting