Customer Service Support Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
J5 Consulting is a Maryland based company established in 2006 to provide computing and consulting services for government and commercial entities. Our services improve Information System networking performance and compliance and protect electronic assets from loss and compromise. We welcome your application to receive consideration for the following position.
The Customer’s training department provides excellent onboarding classes for all new hires to the organization. This includes ~15 fourteen-day courses annually for new employees and ~6 five-day courses for student hires. The Customer requires dedicated IT support in the classroom to facilitate instructors’ ability to present instructional materials, as well as students’ ability to access the IT environment, access course materials, and complete required web-based trainings (WBT). The work may be performed independently or within a team environment. The Customer needs polished communication skills, the ability to diagnose IT related issues, the ability to implement solutions, and the ability to track issues to resolution when they are submitted to service providers.
- Prepare classrooms prior to day 1 of each course by rotating all laptop computers from a charging cart to the classroom environment.
- Maintain all classroom laptops as needed to ensure laptops remain active and take system updates.
- Lead each class in getting online the first time (approximately 20 minutes). This includes walking them through logging on the first time, changing their passwords, and discussing the “do’s and don’t’s” for the IT environment.
- Track student issues with obtaining accounts to log onto the system, troubleshoot issues, and work with external partners as needed to resolve those issues.
- Create an email group for each course and submit requests to add all students to the group.
- Enroll all students in the course dashboard application, where students complete required WBTs and access course information.
- Maintain dashboard links to WBTs.
- Support course instructors on Day 1 in the classroom to identify and resolve any classroom IT problems.
- Support course instructors and students throughout the courses by resolving any IT problems that arise or submitting and tracking tickets for issue resolution.
- Provide support with help desk functions such as password resets, workstation builds, and hardware deployment.
- Setup and breakdown computer workstations for users.
- Assess and validate IT issues across Customer organization.
- Assist with test calls for video teleconferences (VTC) to ensure equipment is setup along with checking for adequate audio and video.
- Assess and validate customer IT requirements across the Customer organization.
- Implement IT solutions and workarounds to limit the customer’s downtime and inability to perform their daily work duties.
Required skills and demonstrated experience:
- Demonstrated experience consulting with technical partners to resolve technical issues.
- Demonstrated experience communicating technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated experience supporting and providing training via various approaches such as classroom training or WBTs.
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting access control issues.
- Demonstrated experience creating and managing email groups.
- Demonstrated experience configuring audio and video equipment.
- Demonstrated experience setting up, breaking down, and maintaining computer workstations which can consist of multiple PCs, monitors, and switches.
- Demonstrated experience evaluating solutions to meet enterprise and mission specific needs.
Highly desired, though not required, include:
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated experience resolving audio and visual equipment issues.
- Demonstrated experience completing Customer’s course for system access administration.
- Demonstrated experience working with Customer and internal IT partners.
- This position requires US Citizenship. Verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements will be confirmed.
- The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Security Clearance with a Full Scope Polygraph.
- Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
- This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The position will be located within the Washington Metropolitan Area (WMA).
Local travel/POV will be on an as needed basis, within the local place of performance.
J5 Consulting offers excellent benefits and compensation packages. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing fair and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Powered by JazzHR
BusinessView all jobs at J5 Consulting