- Expired: October 08, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
J5 Consulting is a Maryland based company established in 2006 to provide computing and consulting services for government and commercial entities. Our services improve Information System networking performance and compliance and protect electronic assets from loss and compromise. We welcome your application to receive consideration for the following position.
This position is for immediate hire.
The Customer delivers human capital management technologies and services to the workforce, including data analytics that enable business decisions. The Customer seeks to build an integrated enterprise IT support model to drive efficiencies in the talent space and better address strategic requirements associated with learning, training compliances, foreign language development and retention, job advertisements, selection, and performance.
The development and successful implementation of this model requires experience with multiple IT skill sets, including project management, systems engineering and architecture, Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) integration and configuration, application design and development, enhancement, transformation, security risk management, certification and accreditation, system and database administration, testing, service management, and operations and maintenance (O&M).
This position will:
- Work core hours from 0900 hours to 1500 hours.
- Develop a five-year (by quarter) phased project plan, with implementation roles and resource projections, to consolidate IT technical support and development for the Customer's applications and systems.
- Develop an Agile methodology implementation plan, with roles, for Customer adoption.
- Develop a security, development, and operations (SecDevOps) plan, with roles, for adoption by all Customer applications. This plan shall address development standards, configuration management, system security and accreditation, contingency, and O&M.
- Develop a document management plan to address documents required for all Customer applications and systems, their storage locations and versioning requirements.
- Develop a service management plan, documenting Customer's tiered support for all applications and systems.
- Develop a reference architecture for adoption by all Customer applications and systems.
Required skills and demonstrated experience:
- Demonstrated experience with customer engagement with a large customer base to establish and maintain relationships with COTS vendors.
- Demonstrated experience with project management responsibilities, waterfall and agile, including leading software development teams.
- Demonstrated experience implementing industry best practices and associated technical solutions consistent with accessibility standards and agile methodology.
- Demonstrated experience proposing recommendations that provide business value while supporting Customer goals and objectives, with an emphasis on improving User Experience/User Interface (UX/UI), reducing O&M, increasing quality and speed of delivery, transforming, and modernizing web-based application, system, and service components.
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing and documenting web-based application, system, and service components and associated interfaces, including those with databases and web services/APIs to assist in decision-making regarding future development.
- Demonstrated experience in the full accreditation lifecycle.
- Demonstrated experience in managing Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3 support, using service management systems.
- Demonstrated experience developing and briefing IT support documents that include SOPs, digital IT workflows, IT knowledge base, pre and post deployment checklists, IT architectural diagrams, system security plans, and administrative processes.
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining enterprise software, to include license renewals (where applicable), patching, and version update administration.
Highly desired, though not required, include:
- Demonstrated experience working with Customer and partner IT organizations.
- Demonstrated experience working with learning applications.
- Demonstrated experience working with language, compliance, and performance management applications.
- Demonstrated experience working with COTS products.
- Demonstrated experience with cloud technologies.
- Demonstrated experience with networking and platform hosting technologies.
- This position requires US Citizenship. Verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements will be confirmed.
- The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Security Clearance with a Full Scope Polygraph.
- Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
- This position is expected to be onsite. The position will be located within the Washington Metropolitan Area (WMA).
This position is for immediate hire.
J5 Consulting offers excellent benefits and compensation packages. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing fair and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Get fresh Cloud Computing Consultant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.