J3 Foundation is seeking Full -Time Site Coordinators to join their team. If you have a BA/BS (or higher), and a current teaching credential this role could be for you! *****All interested candidates MUST submit a 1 min. video stating why you'd be a good candidate for J3 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This role is currently a remote position and once schools open is located in Compton & Inglewood School Districts.
About the position:
The Site Coordinator is responsible for facilitating J3 After-School Reading Program at 2-4 elementary schools in Compton & Inglewood Unified School Districts . Due to Covid-19 school closures, the program is currently run online. This position reports to the J3 Program Director.
·Manage daily operations for J3 After-School Reading Program for each school site.
·Create an environment where students are valued and heard, where teachers and instructional aides can collaborate and excel, and where school sites are partners in the process of improving reading outcomes for ALL students.
·Work with school site literacy specialists and/or assessment team, and teaching team to identify students who are eligible for J3 After-School Reading Program.
·Prepare and distribute flyers and enrollment materials in English and Spanish to eligible families, and work with school to reach enrollment goals.
· Work with Program Director to facilitate professional development and teacher training in reading development and intervention, including but not limited to vowel-first blending, multisyllabic word attack, syllable types, affixes, vocabulary development, phrase fluency, sentence and passage fluency, and read aloud strategies.
·Collaborate with the school site’s parent/family liaison to support literacy at home and in school community.
·Manage session schedules, staff and student attendance, staff/parent/school relationships, staff trainings, and ongoing communications to ensure positive outcomes for students and to ensure staff retention.
·Facilitate regular connections with school site partner programs and community organizations
·Participate in J3 fundraising events, celebrations, and other special projects as necessary or possible
· Be an advocate for all J3 programs and projects
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate they have:
· College diploma (required)
· Current teaching credential (required)
· Classroom management experience (required)
· Experience coordinating multi-site projects (required)
· A passion for reading, education, and educational equity (required)
· Strong communication skills, both written and interpersonal (required)
· Excellent organization skills (required)
· Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to adapt and multitask (required)
Additional requirements (preferred):
· Master’s degree in Education, Special Education, or related field (preferred)
· Successful K-6 teaching experience (preferred)
· Experience with after-school programs (preferred)
· Experience conducting professional development in reading to K-6 teachers (preferred)
. Bilingual Spanish/English (preferred)
- Experience facilitating online learning
This position is FULL TIME, 40 hours per week Mon-Fri, exempt, without benefits, with occasional weekend hours required. Salary is commensurate with experience. *****All interested candidates MUST submit a 1 min. video stating why you'd be a good candidate for J3 to email@example.com.
J3 FoundationJ3 Foundation is a non-profit organization that provides after-school reading programs in partnership with high need schools that serve students of color. Our mission is to equip fourth grade students with the skills, habits, confidence, and books they need for a lifetime of reading success. Our programs are staffed by teachers and instructional aides of the schools we partner with, and are offered at no cost to students and families. Our programs are high-energy, engaging, challenging, and give each child the opportunity to power up their voice and participate in a community of readers.