- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
A stable, yet growing organization in the high-tech life safety and SaaS space is looking for a Controller for their team. The company offers a family-feel environment with the security of a big corporate company backing. This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to step up from the Sr Accountant or Accounting Manager levels and offers a great balance with only 40 hours/week (45 during close week) + ability to work 3 days/week from home.
Why this job – CONTROLLER:
Fantastic opportunity to join a growth company with a large company backing. In this role, you will work closely with the VP of Finance and lead all the company's accounting operations, including management of monthly close, financial reporting cycle, a/p, a/r, and managing the accounting team. This role will collaborate with the VP on the annual budget and quarterly forecasts and assist with business analysis on products, markets, and customers. You will be able to provide input to improve decision-support tools for the executive team. You will be relied upon as the leader for the newly implemented ERP and will have tremendous freedom to identify and implement operational improvements for the organization.
What You’ll Actually Do:
- Own the monthly close process, including reconciliations, journal entries, and review of financial statements
- Responsible for managing three direct reports and overseeing AP, AR, and GL activities
- Help push the implementation of a new cloud-based ERP system over the finish line
- Assist the VP of Finance in developing and implementing company-wide budgets and forecasts
- Become a business partner with the VP of Finance to help perform analysis to drive company profits
- Continue to work on strengthening internal controls – improve the current efficient processes for better success
To Be Successful in This Role, You Will Need:
- BS in Accounting required
- CPA needed or in process
- 5+ years experience, including public accounting (Big 4 or large regional preferred)
- Leadership skills needed with a driven personality
- Experience with SaaS or ASC 606 a plus
- Advanced Excel skills
Where and How Much:
- Target Compensation $120-135K + Bonus
- Health / Dental / Vision / Up to 4 Weeks PTO, 401K – 3% match, vested immediately
- Hybrid schedule - office located in Westminster post onboarding
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at J2T
Get fresh Controller Assistant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.