Toddler Lead Teacher
J127 Education Foundation Fairfax, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Merritt Academy is looking for professionals who are passionate about teaching and working with children and are excited about making a difference in their lives. Our Teachers exhibit enthusiasm, a caring attitude and a love of learning. The Lead Teacher is responsible for creating and implementing lessons that support age-appropriate academic and values curricula in a loving and safe environment. The Teacher is responsible for using regular observations and assessments to individualize learning experiences. The Teacher leads the classroom management including preparing supplies, cleaning, transitions and supervision. The Teacher coordinates efforts with the teaching team to ensure proper student instruction and social interactions. The Teacher is responsible for creating a positive parent partnership and serves as a resource to parents.
In order to be considered for this position, you must meet the following requirements, including:
- High School diploma required with an AA in Early Childhood Education, or related field, Child Development Associate (CDA) (or at least 12 college credits in Education)
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Experience working in education, early childhood experience is required
- A love for children and a strong desire to make a difference every day.
- Must be physically able to lift and carry a minimum of 45 pounds, engage in physical activity with children, and work indoors or outdoors.
- Must be able to constantly move and interact with the children to provide stimulation and develop relationships.
- Must be able to alternate often between sitting and standing.
- Must be able to maintain sight and sound of the children at all times.
- CPR and First Aid certified or willingness to obtain.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English.
- Pass pre-employment screenings and trainings as required.
We also seek candidates who exhibit professionalism, pride in work, initiative, a strong work ethic and who support parents as partners in education.
We support our teacher’s passion for learning by providing a tuition reimbursement program as well as many professional development training opportunities. Additional benefits include:
- Competitive pay
- Health, dental and vision insurance options for eligible employees
- Vacation and sick leave
- Retirement plan with employer matching
- Discounted tuition rate for child(ren) or grandchild(ren) attending any J127 Education Foundation school
Please visit our career page at www.merrittacademy.org/careers to see our full list of benefits.
J127 Education Foundation
EducationView all jobs at J127 Education Foundation