We are seeking energetic and highly motivated individuals to join our team as a working supervisor cleaning and overseeing a team in a variety of work environments; working on new and remodeled facilities during the final construction clean up phase. The ideal candidate will also have some floor tech experience and must be detailed oriented, flexible and willing to take on non-routine cleaning and special projects as needed. The Supervisor is responsible for cleaning and sanitizing office or manufacturing facility meeting rooms, restrooms, kitchens, dining and public areas. This is a fantastic opportunity for industry professionals looking for steady employment in the non-traditional facility cleaning industry.
Lead the commercial cleaner. As a Assistant Supervisor, you will be required to be a working supervisor. This position will be assisting the Manager and Specials Crew on various different jobs, while working to get assignments completed in a timely and precise manner. Perform and movivate others to handle general clean-up of all areas of the building as directed, to include vacuuming, dusting, mopping, cleaning windows and scouring to fulfill obligations based on the expectations of each client; Complete non-routine cleaning according to specified job orders including handling emergency cleaning and upkeep requests; Remove trash, garbage and recycling.
Different jobs include but not limited to:
-Floor work projects
- Assist Account Manager with day-to-day needs and jobs
- Perform work required as assigned by Manager
- Participate in special events when necessary
- Be flexible with shift, as this position DOES require days, nights, and weekends as needed
- Be able to lead a crew of people while on specific job sites ensuring work is being completed
- Check in with Account Manager to ensure operations is running smoothly or address any issues/concerns that have occurred
- Work along side a team of crew members and positively influence them to work hard, and diligently.
Do you meet the following?
- Must pass a criminal background check and drug screen
- Reliable mode of transportation is required
- Qualified candidate will have experience in a leadership or supervisor role
- 1+ years janitorial type experience preferred in housekeeping, office cleaning, medical, bank, restaurant, retail store cleaning, food service cleaning, kitchen cleaning, etc.
- General knowledge of cleaning products, cleaning tools and best cleaning practices
- Willingness to maintain confidentiality
- Flexibility; work shifts as assigned plus project work
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision
- Capability to take direction
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Physically capable of lifting and moving objects up to 50 pounds as necessary
- Qualified candidate will have floor experience (i.e. stripping and waxing, buffing, carpet extraction, etc.)
- High school diploma/GED preferred
Screenings: Motor Vehicle, Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check
- We offer advancement opportunities and encourage promoting from within
- Immediate opportunities -- Apply ASAP
Serious candidates please submit resumes to above job ad, or apply online at https://jvjanitorial.asurehcm.com/SysForms/SubmitResume.aspx
We are a full service janitorial company with departments dedicated to commercial office cleaning, residential/commercial window cleaning, commercial construction clean-up, carpet cleaning, and special event coordination.
J.V. Janitorial ServicesOperational for more than 30 years, J.V. Janitorial Services is a contract service agency that provides facility maintenance and janitorial services. We are a full service janitorial company with departments dedicated to commercial office cleaning, residential/commercial window cleaning, commercial construction clean-up, carpet cleaning, and special event coordination.