Senior Consultant, Financial Reporting Valuation (CPA or ABV Preferred)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you looking to join an organization that is growing and dynamic? What about a high-energy, collaborative environment that rewards hard work?
J.S. Held is a specialized global consulting firm whose professionals serve as trusted, expert advisors to organizations facing high-stakes events that demand urgent attention, exceptional knowledge, staunch integrity and clear-cut analysis and advice. The firm provides a comprehensive suite of technical, scientific, financial and technology advisory services that enable clients across the spectrum of industries to navigate complex, contentious and often catastrophic situations with precise analysis, reliable insights and confidence. We have over 100 locations worldwide. We are highly committed to all members of our community, both employees and clients. Our organization focuses on promoting a sense of community and inspiring our people to achieve results that exceed goals.
J.S. Held, LLC – Phoenix Office
Position: Senior Consultant or Manager (Financial Reporting Valuation)
Description: We are currently seeking a qualified candidate for a position in our Phoenix, Arizona office. Primary responsibilities will include valuation analysis and modeling, company and industry research, and assistance in preparation of valuation reports to be utilized by our clients for financial reporting purposes (e.g., ASC 805, ASC 718, ASC 350, and ASC 815). Daily activities will include general engagement management including document request/production activities, document review (e.g., purchase agreements, option award agreements, organizational documents, etc.) building/maintaining valuation models, preparing written valuation reports, and client interactions. Assistance with other valuation engagements (e.g., valuation for gift/estate tax purposes and/or litigation support) may be required as necessary or if interested.
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Minimum two years’ experience (full-time basis) in valuation for financial reporting.
- Specific experience performing ASC 805, ASC 718, ASC 350, and ASC 815 engagements.
- Demonstrated ability to identify critical issues and work with minimal supervision.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Solid oral and written communications skills (including ability to develop narrative valuation reports and other client communication materials).
- Effective organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects in order to meet fluctuating deadlines and pressure situations with incomplete information.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to research industry, economic, and benchmark data and apply to subject companies.
- Maintain the quality of the J.S. Held brand in all oral and written communications.
- Hold one or more relevant professional certifications (ex. CPA, ASA, CVA, ABV, CFA, etc.), or have demonstrated progress towards obtaining certifications.
- Familiarity with common business valuation and intangible asset data resources (ex. CapIQ, D&P Navigator, ktMINE, RoyaltySource, RMA, BV Resources, etc.).
- Advanced technical knowledge and Excel modeling experience utilized in the valuation of Earnouts and complex securities preferred, but not required (e.g. Monte Carlo simulation, risk neutral valuation, etc.).
- The ideal candidate should be up to date regarding common issues and best practices in the valuation of businesses, securities, and intangible assets.
J.S. Held is dedicated to becoming the global leader in providing multi-disciplinary consulting services to the construction, government, healthcare, industrial, insurance, energy, legal, and technology, communities. We have diverse practice areas including Construction Advisory, Financial Investigations, Forensic Accounting & Economics, Forensic Architecture & Engineering, Surety, Environmental Health & Safety, Equipment, Toxicology, and Building & Property Consulting, among other disciplines. J.S. Held is devoted to recruiting and cultivating top industry talent to build a collaborative and diverse team of experts. We leverage our experience to provide local, cost-efficient solutions and an unrivaled client experience. We embrace diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment to building a team and environment that fosters professional and personal enrichment is unwavering. We are greater when we are equal!
Our mission is to serve as trusted, expert advisors to organizations around the world facing high-stakes situations that demand urgent attention, exceptional knowledge, staunch integrity and objective, clear-cut analysis and advice.
Some of the Benefits We Have Include
J.S. Held understands all of our employees are people and sometimes life needs flexibility. We work to always provide an environment that best supports and suits our team’s needs.
- Our flexible work environment allows employees to work remotely, when needed
- Generous PTO Policy
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401k Match
- Commuter Benefits
J.S. Held LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, J.S. Held LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscriminatory employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
J.S. Held LLC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with J.S. Held LLC employees’ ability to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read the J.S. Held Online Privacy Notice and hereby freely and unambiguously give informed consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of your personal information as required and described therein.
Please explore what we’re all about at www.jsheld.com. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at J.S. Held