Delay / Scheduling Expert
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Delay/ Scheduling Expert - Construction and Engineering Claims
Are you looking to join an organization that is growing and dynamic? What about a high-energy, collaborative environment that rewards hard work?
J.S. Held is a global multi-disciplinary consulting firm with over 90 locations worldwide. We are highly committed to all members of our community, both employees and clients. Our organization focuses on promoting a sense of community and inspiring our people to achieve results that exceed goals.
J.S. Held is actively seeking a Quantum and/or Delay Expert for its Construction Advisory Team, specializing in claims and dispute resolution in the engineering and construction environment, based in Spain. This position is for a senior professional who has credible and marketable experience in the conduct and delivery of construction expert services. The candidate will either have acted as a delay expert or has been involved in disputes and/or claim preparation/review in the industry. He must have experience in projects, and J.S. Held is open to consider different levels of seniority depending on the skills of the candidate.
This process is fully confidential.
The Candidate will primarily be involved in construction dispute resolution, litigation support and expert witness testimony, claims assessment, quantum and/or schedule analysis, technical issue analysis and time-relevant evaluation services.
An individual is required who can perform advanced data research, management and analysis. This role will involve frequent client interaction and may require the successful candidate to prepare and make presentations to communicate results. The international nature of our work means that the successful candidate should be prepared to travel, sometimes at short notice. The candidate may be undertaking expert witness work either as the named expert or supporting other experts. They should be able to demonstrate experience in either writing expert reports to a high level, or experience I the development and execution phases of projects, having been exposed to claims preparation, review, contract management, changes in scope of work, schedule management and negotiations, as well as have strong industry experience in large construction and engineering projects.
We anticipate that the successful candidate will have a good academic record and be able to demonstrate how they have distinguished themselves within their chosen field. We also expect the individual will be able to contribute to business development through networking and marketing activities.
Ideal candidates exhibit the following attributes and background:
- A recognized undergraduate degree in quantity surveying, construction management, engineering or similar from a leading university;
- A post graduate qualification in construction law (or similar) is desirable but not essential;
- Minimum 5-10 years experience with engineering or construction firms, or a construction claim/dispute firm;
- Excellent oral and verbal communications skills;
- Proficient working knowledge of relevant industry program management software including Primavera P6, MS Project, and Microsoft applications such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and PowerBi;
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams;
- Professionalism and client facing ability, able to build trust;
- A strong technical underpinning in project planning;
- Relationship building and strong interpersonal skills;
- A flexible approach to their work;
- An understanding of the demands of project-based work, able to work under pressure and an ability to meet deadlines;
- A sense of personal responsibility for the quality of their work;
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
Why Join J.S. Held
- We can support and develop individuals who aspire to be an expert, or who wish to expand their profile or standing as a practicing expert in their field.
- Vast opportunities for career development, with formal development processes, training programs and an internal e-learning training platform.
- Work within a team of recognized leading experts in an established leading global consultancy.
- Work within a collaborative environment, whereby our professionals are afforded the freedom to innovate which promotes curiosity, learning and communication.
J.S. Held is dedicated to becoming the global leader in providing multi-disciplinary construction consulting services to the legal, construction and insurance communities. We specialize in property damage consulting, construction claims consulting, program & project management and dispute resolution services. J.S. Held is committed to recruiting and cultivating top industry talent to build a collaborative and diverse team of experts. Our consultants have a true understanding of how projects are planned and built based on years of practical construction and construction management expertise. We leverage this experience to provide local and cost-efficient solutions and an unrivaled client experience.
Some of The Benefits We Have Are:
J.S. Held not only cares about being the best in our industry, we care about our team. We’re a business that understands life can be fluid and so we flex to ensure we provide the environment to suit that:
- Our flexible work environment allows you to work remotely when needed
- Generous PTO policy
- Encourage training and development of employees
- We promote exposure to clients
- We work on an international basis with colleagues from other regions
- Other benefits
J.S. Held LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, J.S. Held LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
J.S. Held LLC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of J.S. Held LLC employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please explore what we’re all about at www.jsheld.com. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. M/F/D/V
ManufacturingView all jobs at J.S. Held