Environmental Scientist/Industrial Hygienist
- Posted: over a month ago
Are you looking to join an organization that is growing and dynamic? What about a high-energy, collaborative environment that rewards hard work?
J.S. Held is a specialized global consulting firm whose professionals serve as trusted, expert advisors to organizations facing high-stakes events that demand urgent attention, exceptional knowledge, staunch integrity and clear-cut analysis and advice. The firm provides a comprehensive suite of technical, scientific, financial and technology advisory services that enable clients across the spectrum of industries to navigate complex, contentious and often catastrophic situations with precise analysis, reliable insights and confidence. We have over 100 locations worldwide. We are highly committed to all members of our community, both employees and clients. Our organization focuses on promoting a sense of community and inspiring our people to achieve results that exceed goals.
The Environmental Scientist/Industrial Hygienist performs professional environmental and industrial hygiene consulting services for a wide range of industrial and commercial clients. The work requires a professional knowledge of the principles, methods and techniques of environmental science, industrial hygiene and occupational safety. An understanding and the ability to utilize pertinent aspects of chemistry, biological sciences and public health that pertain to environmental assessment, abatement design, and remediation projects involving lead, asbestos, mold. The ability to recognize and evaluate health hazards associated with catastrophic loss to property caused by storms and flooding and the environmental, health and safety impacts related to chemical releases and oil spills.
- Apply professional environmental science competence with specialized knowledge of chemistry, industrial hygiene and biological science. Perform as a team member to resolve client EH&S concerns as necessary and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Willing and able to travel by air, sea and land at short notice to reach project locations.
- Obtain and maintain licenses in multiple states for mold, lead and asbestos assessments.
- Performs work as a team member under the direction of a Project Manager.
- Performs work on any number of projects at various stages of completion.
- Prepares studies and reports following standard format and procedures.
- Investigate, measure and evaluate environmental, health and safety conditions at client locations and carrying out relevant research, development, planning to complete comprehensive reports for review by senior staff.
- Collaborates well with other service lines.
- Professional, client-facing demeanor.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Competent in Microsoft office products such as Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Disciplined and organized with effective Time Management ability.
- Teamwork Oriented
- Problem Solving/Analysis skills
- Builds and Maintains a Highly Ethical Reputation
- Outstanding Customer Relationship Skills
This position may supervise environmental technicians.
- Wet or humid or colder conditions may be encountered in properties assessed for damages.
- Able to work in elevated areas with fall protection equipment.
- Varying levels of personal protective equipment will be required at various times. A physical examination will be performed by an occupational physician to ensure that you can wear personal protective equipment, where needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Some sitting limited to lunch, breaks and driving.
- Most duties performed on feet.
- Able to carry equipment, as much as 30lbs unassisted.
- Push or pull items.
- Able to reach above head.
- Able to bend at the knee.
- Able to climb ladders to reach high areas.
- Able to squat kneel or crouch in confined spaces when necessary.
- Able to detect burning sensations on skin etc.
This is a full-time position salaried position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position will likely necessitate some rapid response out of normal business hours.
Travel is primarily local during the business day however rapid response to client emergencies throughout the country may occur.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors/Master's degree in Science/Geology/Engineering with three (3) to seven (7) years EH&S experience.
- Valid Driver’s License
- TWIC card eligible
- 40 Hr. HAZWOPER and 8 Hour Refresher Certificate or eligible
- Licensed Asbestos Inspector/Consultant or eligible to obtain
J.S. Held is dedicated to becoming the global leader in providing multi-disciplinary consulting services to the construction, government, healthcare, industrial, insurance, energy, legal, and technology, communities. We have diverse practice areas including Construction Advisory, Financial Investigations, Forensic Accounting & Economics, Forensic Architecture & Engineering, Surety, Environmental Health & Safety, Equipment, Toxicology, and Building & Property Consulting, among other disciplines. J.S. Held is devoted to recruiting and cultivating top industry talent to build a collaborative and diverse team of experts. We leverage our experience to provide local, cost-efficient solutions and an unrivaled client experience. We embrace diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment to building a team and environment that fosters professional and personal enrichment is unwavering. We are greater when we are equal!
Our mission is to serve as trusted, expert advisors to organizations around the world facing high-stakes situations that demand urgent attention, exceptional knowledge, staunch integrity and objective, clear-cut analysis and advice.
Some of the Benefits We Have Include
J.S. Held understands all of our employees are people and sometimes life needs flexibility. We work to always provide an environment that best supports and suits our team’s needs.
- Our flexible work environment allows employees to work remotely, when needed
- Generous PTO Policy
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401k Match
- Commuter Benefits
J.S. Held LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, J.S. Held LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscriminatory employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
J.S. Held LLC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with J.S. Held LLC employees’ ability to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read the J.S. Held Online Privacy Notice and hereby freely and unambiguously give informed consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of your personal information as required and described therein.
Please explore what we’re all about at www.jsheld.com. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer.
AddressOverland Park, KS
ManufacturingView all jobs at J.S. Held