Entry Level Mechanical Engineer (Accident Reconstruction)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you looking to join an organization that is growing and dynamic? What about a high-energy, collaborative environment that rewards hard work?
J.S. Held is a global consulting firm providing technical, scientific, and financial expertise across all assets and value at risk. Our professionals serve as trusted advisors to organizations facing high-stakes events demanding urgent attention, staunch integrity, clear-cut analysis, and an understanding of both tangible and intangible assets. The firm provides a comprehensive suite of services, products, and data that enable clients to navigate complex, contentious, and often catastrophic situations. We have over 100 locations worldwide. We are highly committed to all members of our community, both employees and clients. Our organization focuses on promoting a sense of community and inspiring our people to achieve results that exceed goals.
We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join our Charlotte Accident Reconstruction team. This is a unique opportunity for an entrepreneurial, highly driven person with a well-rounded skill set to join the Accident Reconstruction team, whose responsibilities extend beyond those of traditional Mechanical Engineer. The ideal person for this role will need to not only have a strong grasp of engineering, but also be flexible and a strategic thinker able to take on a variety of tasks.
Only candidates in the Charlotte, NC area should apply!
J.S Held is seeking an entry-level candidate to join our growing Accident Reconstruction staff in our Charlotte office. Our business is focused on forensic engineering and visualization, and we consult with both plaintiff and defense lawyers, insurance companies and governmental entities. Our services include vehicle accident investigation and reconstruction, vehicular crash simulation, vehicle dynamics testing, nighttime visibility analysis and reconstruction, three-dimensional animation and expert testimony. Typical clients include attorneys, major trucking companies, insurance adjusters and many others.
- Investigation and Engineering analysis of traffic accidents involving cars, pedestrians, tractor-trailers, motorcycles, and other vehicles.
- Perform on-site inspections of accident scenes and involved vehicles, preserving evidence.
- Create 3D models of vehicles and collision sites and simulate vehicle collisions.
- Investigate mechanical systems failures and accidents, including researching mechanical systems design and operation.
- Perform vehicle dynamics research, including full-scale vehicle testing and data acquisition.
- Research, write, and publish technical reports and peer-reviewed publications on topics relevant to accident reconstruction and forensic engineering.
- Have a B.S. or M.S. in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering.
- Recent graduate or 1 to 5 years of experience.
- Good practical mechanical experience either professionally, through course work or recreation.
- Willingness to travel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A desire to learn, excel and grow with us and within the profession.
- Preferred candidates with coursework and/or practical experience in Automotive or Motorsports Engineering, with special consideration given to experience with data acquisition and analysis.
- Passed the Fundamental Engineer (FE) examination.
J.S. Held is dedicated to becoming the global leader in providing multi-disciplinary consulting services to the construction, government, healthcare, industrial, insurance, energy, legal, and technology, communities. We have diverse practice areas including Construction Advisory, Financial Investigations, Forensic Accounting & Economics, Forensic Architecture & Engineering, Surety, Environmental Health & Safety, Equipment, Toxicology, and Building & Property Consulting, among other disciplines. J.S. Held is devoted to recruiting and cultivating top industry talent to build a collaborative and diverse team of experts. We leverage our experience to provide local, cost-efficient solutions and an unrivaled client experience.
Our mission is to serve as trusted, expert advisors to organizations around the world facing high-stakes situations that demand urgent attention, exceptional knowledge, staunch integrity and objective, clear-cut analysis and advice.
Some of the Benefits We Have Include:
J.S. Held understands all our employees are people and sometimes life needs flexibility. We work to always provide an environment that best supports and suits our team’s needs.
- Our flexible work environment allows employees to work remotely, when needed
- Generous PTO Policy
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401k Match
- Commuter Benefits
A reasonable estimate of the salary range for this role is $55,000 - $75,000. Any offered salary range is based on a wide array of factors including but not limited to skillset, experience, training, location, scope of role, management responsibility, etc.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read the J.S. Held Online Privacy Notice and hereby freely and unambiguously give informed consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of your personal information as required and described therein.
Please explore what we’re all about at www.jsheld.com. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer.
EEO and Job Accommodations:
We embrace diversity and our commitment to building a team and environment that fosters professional and personal enrichment is unwavering. We are greater when we are equal!
J.S. Held is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request for a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Applicant Accommodation” within the subject line with your request and contact information
Get fresh Mechanical Design Engineer Entry Level jobs daily straight to your inbox!