Director, Forensic Accounting
- Posted: 4 days ago
Are you looking to join an organization that is growing and dynamic? What about a high-energy, collaborative environment that rewards hard work?
J.S. Held is a global consulting firm providing technical, scientific, and financial expertise across all assets and value at risk. Our professionals serve as trusted advisors to organizations facing high-stakes events demanding urgent attention, staunch integrity, clear-cut analysis, and an understanding of both tangible and intangible assets. The firm provides a comprehensive suite of services, products, and data that enable clients to navigate complex, contentious, and often catastrophic situations. We have over 100 locations worldwide. We are highly committed to all members of our community, both employees and clients. Our organization focuses on promoting a sense of community and inspiring our people to achieve results that exceed goals.
The Team and Job Summary
Job Description – Director – Forensic Accounting
As a Director on the forensic accounting team you will:
- Assist in the review and measurement of large loss commercial insurance claims and other assignments. Claims include property damage, product recall, liability, theft/fidelity, and business interruption/lost profits. Businesses will consist of a wide range of industries and sizes.
- Review and evaluate detailed financial statements and financial data (statements of revenue and expense, forecasts & budgets, production reports, etc.) in order to create a comprehensive analysis.
- Create Excel schedules using financial information provided which will be used in the measurement of business interruption, inventory, extra expense and/or property damage losses.
- Review detailed invoices and purchase orders, organize supporting documentation, and input data to track costs incurred.
- Analyze revenue and expenses to create projection models.
- Assist in inputting financial data and organize large amounts of financial data – both paper and electronic to be used in review.
- Communicating results of analysis to supervisors and/or clients.
- Assist in the preparation of written reports and written narratives to be sent to clients.
- Attend client meetings (telephone, online, or in-person) and communicate findings in meetings to clients and team members.
- Assist with other assignments ranging from unusual insurance claim-related matters to various litigation projects.
- Bachelor’s or Graduate Degree with a major in accounting, finance or economics.
- 3-5 years of public accounting experience or closely related field; preferably with some experience in forensic accounting and/or measuring commercial insurance claim losses.
- Eligibility to sit for the CPA exam is required. CPA preferred.
- Candidates must be resourceful, critical thinkers, and take initiative.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills with ability to do VLOOKUP, pivot tables, and advanced formulas.
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
Physical and Mental Job Qualifications
- Ability to travel as needed, depending on project assignments
J.S. Held is dedicated to becoming the global leader in providing multi-disciplinary consulting services to the construction, government, healthcare, industrial, insurance, energy, legal, and technology, communities. We have diverse practice areas including Construction Advisory, Financial Investigations, Forensic Accounting & Economics, Forensic Architecture & Engineering, Surety, Environmental Health & Safety, Equipment, Toxicology, and Building & Property Consulting, among other disciplines. J.S. Held is devoted to recruiting and cultivating top industry talent to build a collaborative and diverse team of experts. We leverage our experience to provide local, cost-efficient solutions and an unrivaled client experience.
Our mission is to serve as trusted, expert advisors to organizations around the world facing high-stakes situations that demand urgent attention, exceptional knowledge, staunch integrity and objective, clear- cut analysis and advice.
Some of the Benefits We Have Include
J.S. Held understands all our employees are people and sometimes life needs flexibility. We work to always provide an environment that best supports and suits our team’s needs.
- Our flexible work environment allows employees to work remotely, when needed
- Generous PTO Policy
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401k Match
- Commuter Benefit
A reasonable estimate of the salary range for this role is $(85,000) - $(110,000). Any offered salary range is based on a wide array of factors including but not limited to skillset, experience, training, location, scope of role, management responsibility, etc.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read the J.S. Held Online Privacy Notice and hereby freely and unambiguously give informed consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of your personal information as required and described therein.
Please explore what we’re all about at www.jsheld.com.
EEO and Job Accommodations
We embrace diversity and our commitment to building a team and environment that fosters professional and personal enrichment is unwavering. We are greater when we are equal!
J.S. Held is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request for a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Applicant Accommodation” within the subject line with your request and contact information.
AddressNew York, NY
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?