Associate Director - Construction Advisory (US - Remote)
- Posted: over a month ago
Are you looking to join an organization that is growing and dynamic? What about a high-energy, collaborative environment that rewards hard work?
J.S. Held is a global consulting firm providing technical, scientific, and financial expertise across all assets and value at risk. Our professionals serve as trusted advisors to organizations facing high-stakes events demanding urgent attention, staunch integrity, clear-cut analysis, and an understanding of both tangible and intangible assets. The firm provides a comprehensive suite of services, products, and data that enable clients to navigate complex, contentious, and often catastrophic situations. We have over 100 locations worldwide. We are highly committed to all members of our community, both employees and clients. Our organization focuses on promoting a sense of community and inspiring our people to achieve results that exceed goals.
Due to increased client demands, J.S. Held is actively seeking an Associate Director to join the Construction Advisory Team. J.S. Held is currently seeking applicants that have a specialization in Construction Claims and Dispute Resolution. This position is for a professional who has knowledge or experience with contract and/or change order management, critical path scheduling analysis, preparation of change orders or claims, cost estimates, review of drawings and specifications, and others.
The work performed by the Associate Director may include the review and analysis of construction schedules, job cost reports, labor records, production quantities, earned values, project reports, change orders, contracts, correspondence, and other project records. The Associate Director typically receives direction from and reports to engagement leaders within J.S. Held’s Construction Advisory Practice. The Associate Director may also create and maintain project schedules and assist clients in the navigation of project risks.
- Schedule delay analysis
- Loss of labor productivity analysis
- Change in scope evaluations
- Review and analysis of change orders
- Analysis of labor, equipment, and material costs
- Calculation of escalated material and/or labor costs
- Extended General Conditions and Requirements analysis
- Analysis of unabsorbed home office overhead
- Review and organization of project documents
- Development of work product, draft memos, presentations, and reports
- Travel as needed to project sites and client offices
- Lead and develop teams of Consultants and Senior Consultants
- Review work product of Consultants and Senior Consultants to ensure quality
- Develop work product and present findings to engagement lead
- Generate work product for internal and client reviews
- Develop and deliver findings to clients
- Represent J.S. Held at client meetings as necessary
- Pursue professional development initiatives and industry certifications
- Communication: Clearly and effectively communicates at all organizational levels in a timely manner. Maintains confidentiality of client and firm information.
- Project Focus: Organizes tasks and manages analysis to completion, deals effectively with potential obstacles and exhibits the flexibility to adapt to changing circumstances. Ensures that work is completed timely and within designated timeframes. Takes proper action when time frames cannot be met to assure the work of others is not compromised. Uses non-billable time effectively.
- Professionalism: Has a positive attitude, displays a sense of pride, enthusiasm, optimism and deep dedication for work with both clients and colleagues. Is a self-motivator and is prepared to take on new challenges and problem solve. Takes responsibility for increasing his/her own skills.
- Teamwork: Works well within a team of other professionals; seeks out opportunities to take on additional company initiatives.
- Quality of Work: Has strong work ethic and produces accurate and useful work product. Has mechanisms in place to check work and ensure the quality of work being produced is accurate and timely.
- Administrative: Able to self-perform conflict checks for new engagements, draft engagement letters, and develop preliminary engagement budgets
- Time Management: Able to manage multiple deadlines and easily adapt to changing priorities
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in the fields of Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, Economics, Business, or Accounting
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in construction, some experience in claims and dispute resolution
- Valid Driver’s License
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Microsoft Office – Intermediate to Advanced Capabilities
- Bluebeam or Adobe PDF management software
- Oracle Primavera P6
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Power BI Desktop and Cloud
- Master’s degree and professional licenses
- Industry certifications (PSP, PMP, CCP, CCA)
Physical and Mental Job Qualifications
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position during work shift
J.S. Held is dedicated to becoming the global leader in providing multi-disciplinary consulting services to the construction, government, healthcare, industrial, insurance, energy, legal, and technology, communities. We have diverse practice areas including Construction Advisory, Financial Investigations, Forensic Accounting & Economics, Forensic Architecture & Engineering, Surety, Environmental Health & Safety, Equipment, Toxicology, and Building & Property Consulting, among other disciplines. J.S. Held is devoted to recruiting and cultivating top industry talent to build a collaborative and diverse team of experts. We leverage our experience to provide local, cost-efficient solutions and an unrivaled client experience.
Our mission is to serve as trusted, expert advisors to organizations around the world facing high-stakes situations that demand urgent attention, exceptional knowledge, staunch integrity and objective, clear-cut analysis and advice.
Some of the Benefits We Have Include J.S. Held understands all our employees are people and sometimes life needs flexibility. We work to always provide an environment that best supports and suits our team’s needs.
- Our flexible work environment allows employees to work remotely, when needed
- Generous PTO Policy
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401k Match
- Commuter Benefits
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read the J.S. Held Online Privacy Notice and hereby freely and unambiguously give informed consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of your personal information as required and described therein.
Please explore what we’re all about at www.jsheld.com.
EEO and Job Accommodations
We embrace diversity and our commitment to building a team and environment that fosters professional and personal enrichment is unwavering. We are greater when we are equal!
J.S. Held is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request for a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Applicant Accommodation” within the subject line with your request and contact information.
BusinessView all jobs at J.S. Held