DESCRIPTION - Position located in Redding, CA.
Supervise and perform accounting duties for our clients in a dedicated and professional manner. Manage client satisfaction and service.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• 10+ years of experience preparing tax returns for entities and individuals
• 10+ years of experience on assurance work (financial statement reviews and audits)
• UltraTax experience preferred
• Follow company procedures and systems. Maintain independence as to our relationship with our clients and discuss any of these issues or questions with your manager or the owner of the firm.
• Prepare entity and individual tax returns, as assigned.
• Manage financial statement preparation, compilation, and review engagements
• Review monthly or quarterly financial reports for accuracy, completeness and reasonableness.
• Maintain accurate and complete work papers and journal entries in the detailed general ledger to provide an easy and understandable audit trail.
• Prepare/supervise accurate and timely quarterly payroll tax returns and year-end W-2s and 1099s, along with accurate filing instructions.
• Prepare/supervise sales tax returns, and provide accurate filing instructions to clients.
• Manage subsidiary records for fixed assets, loan balances and other accounts deemed necessary by the manager.
• Develop and train staff and senior accountants.
• Communicate with clients regarding timely and proper reporting and maintain complete and accurate flow sheets of data.
• Prepare IRS and State payroll and sales tax correspondence in a professional and timely manner for the manager to review and sign.
• Prepare miscellaneous reports for clients as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the owner and/or manager.