Fire Truck Technician (Experienced and Entry Levels Needed)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are currently seeking a Fire Truck Technician to become an integral part of our team! You will diagnose, repair, and service fire trucks and fire equipment such as aerials, generators, and fire pumps.
- Diagnose and repair Fire Trucks and Emergency vehicles & related equipment
- Perform routine fire apparatus preventive and annual maintenance
- Work with paperless computer and tablet systems for logging repair work and maintenance reports
- Work in our local shop and/or from one of our on-the-road service and repair vehicles
- Previous experience as an automotive/diesel technician, heavy truck technician, mechanic, or similar field and those with fire fighter experience preferred
- CDL License preferred but not required
- Knowledge of automotive diagnostic and repair equipment
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented, comfortable working independently
- Good communication skills and professionalism important; must be able to provide good customer service
- Must be open to flexible work schedules, able to work long hours, typical shifts are 7:30am-6:00pm
J.P.B. Fire Services, Inc.Why Work Here?
We offer a career with great benefits, not just a job. Our employees are essential workers that pride themselves on working on fire trucks.
J.P.B. Fire Services, Inc. repairs and services Fire Trucks and Fire Apparatus such as aerials, pumper trucks, rescue trucks, generators, and fire pumps. We represent Toyne Fire Apparatus for new truck sales; and, we also sell fire equipment to fire fighters and fire departments. We use state of the art technology to diagnose and repair fire trucks in our local shop and on the road. Every day is different, we travel all over central NY performing annual preventive maintenance and diagnostics at the fire houses. We offer our customers detailed invoices and service reports including photos of failures in a comprehensive indexed report for important audit capability. We pride ourselves on quality as a top priority and we're expanding our workforce due to our high demand. The owners care about you and strive to provide employees a satisfying career with job growth opportunities and advanced training. We are proud to offer one of the top benefits packages in Central NY. We utilize a merit based compensation system. If you join J.P.B. Fire Services, Inc. you will belong to a caring team that supports our community and emergency services departments.
4675 Burr DriveLiverpool, NY
GovernmentView all jobs at J.P.B. Fire Services, Inc.