Project Manager Assistant
- Expired: May 14, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
About Our Company
J.F. Electric is an electrical contractor that's in the business of creating connections - providing engineering expertise, backed up by construction and installation know-how in a diverse range of service offerings - from utilities and commercial projects to industrial and telecommunications customers. Our smart solutions deliver value from pre-planning to long after the project is complete
We are seeking a Project Manager Assistant to help assist Project Managers with the completion of various projects from the beginning stages through closeout. This includes but is not limited to assisting with the budget, workforce, job materials, POs, permits, and closeout documents.
This role has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Weekly Pricing Report for T&M extras. Statement of Charges - give value to the information received from the field.
- Purchase Orders - Enter PO in PVault, track material order, and maintain a control log.
- Assist with submittal requestion, the release of material, approval, and maintaining submittal log.
- Run Viewpoint reports as requested from PM (Contract Status Report, Cash Flow, Aging, etc.)
- Approve Pvault invoices when PM is not available.
- Setting up E-File folders
- Completing internal job setup (NPA) forms for accounting.
- Liaison between General Contractor, Supplier, and Project Accountant.
- Process close out documents for projects coming to an end (O&M's, record drawings)
- Timesheet approval (backup, when PM is out of office)
- Coordination of permits. Submit permit applications
- Coordinate/set up service jobs with accounting
- Interface phone calls
- Filing and forwarding field paperwork to appropriate dept.
- Filing job meeting notes
- Take service calls and assist Project Managers with setting up service appointments
- Statement of Charges - give value to the information received from the field.
- Follow up on open receivables and report back to accounting for record.
- Coordinate Project Kickoff and Closeout Meetings
- In/Out board
- Maintain a shared calendar with the Project Manager.
- Cross-train in all facets of the Division, preparing to fill in for anyone absent and grow in responsibility and scope over time.
The person in this role will uphold the culture of J.F. Electric, including relationship building with customers as well as general behavior on J.F. Electric or client premises or at J.F. Electric sponsored events.
- High school graduate or equivalent required; some college is beneficial.
- Must be flexible and capable of working in a team environment.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Construction experience is preferred, but training can be given to the right person.
- Organizational skills
- Ability to adapt and change in a fast-paced environment.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization's facilities.
- This role does not require any travel.
- Company-paid health insurance (medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, and life insurance are provided)
- Zero deductibles
- 100% 401k match (up to 5% of salary)
- Paid holiday & vacation time
- Educational assistance
- Various discount programs
At J.F. Electric, Inc. we are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working and learning environment for all employees. We believe that having a diverse workforce exposes us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, address challenges, and to deliver exceptional service.
J.F. Electric IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It is the policy of J.F. Electric and all affiliate entities that all applicants for employment shall be given fair and equal consideration, regardless of race, religion, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or national origin, except that minimum age limits imposed by law are observed. If selected for employment, a prospective employee must provide satisfactory references and successfully complete all contingent requirements of any offer letter and meet applicable pre-employment requirements.
TechnologyView all jobs at J.F. Electric