Our client, a vision driven retail marijuana establishment (dispensary) is seeking to hire a Manager to manage 1 of 2 stores. The stores are brand new so the Manager will be assisting in launching a brand new operation.
We believe in treating customers and employees with care and compassion. The profits generated from these stores will be given back to the community through large charitable donations. The business model of these stores is unlike any other in the focus on corporate social responsibility. Having a team that aligns with the values of the company and takes pride in their people skills and values contributing to the community is crucial to the success of this company's mission.
- Dispensary management or assistant management experience is beneficial
- Retail management experience is beneficial (if you're a quick learner, then your retail experience may translate over to this business type!)
- Bank management experience is beneficial
- Customer service experience
Bachelors degree in business or communications is valued, but not required.
- Attention to detail
- Good at understanding a system and consistently implementing that system
- Knowing how to prioritize tasks and delegate tasks when possible
- Communication skills / good with people
- Professional written communication
- Learning new Point of Sale Software
- Learning new inventory tracking systems
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Remaining focused in a busy environment
- Leadership (communicative, kind, teaching and assertive)
- Adhering to rules (this industry is highly regulated so many of the operational rules are mandated by the regulations and cannot be altered)
The Manager is responsible for managing day-to-day operations of a brand new licensed retail marijuana facility in accordance with the Nevada regulations and standards set by the company.
The Manager will be required to follow established policies and procedures, contribute to the development of new concepts, policies, and procedures as necessary to perform job duties and tasks.
Running daily reports
The Manager will be responsible for providing support to all Cashiers, Agents, and Patient/Retail Coordinators. Providing support includes but is not limited to: scheduling, training, providing Policy and Procedures updates, keeping updated with industry news and product information, supervising all assistant managers, record keeping, cash handling, addressing customer complaints, and ensuring that operations remain in compliance with regulations.
The Manager reports to the General Manager who oversees 2 retail locations. The Manager must keep the GM up to date and collaborate with the GM on projects and managerial initiatives.
What success looks like
People who have performed well at this job tend to enjoy interacting with people and be able to do so without burning out too quickly. They are also good at delegating tasks and setting boundaries in order to ensure that their daily work gets completed. Successful dispensary managers have been adept at problem solving, because a lot goes on within the stores and having the creative thinking of a leader to solve problems as they pop up makes a huge impact on the operation running smoothly. Being able to maintain a systematic approach to administrative duties, while remaining able to be kind and collaborative with coworkers and customers is key.
Who should not apply
Anyone easily overwhelmed should not apply for this position, simply because at times, the dispensary can be a fast paced environment and the Manager has to be capable of maintaining admin items such as generating reports and making weekly schedules, while also remaining available for employee needs.
***Include the word "expedite" in your response to this post if interested in the position, to indicate that you read the entire description***
J. Whitney & Co.
Why Work Here?J.Whitney & Co. is a cannabis business strategy firm acting as a head hunter on behalf of a new MJ Dispensary company in Las Vegas.
Get the chance to launch a new store, company is good to customers and to community, be part of a diverse team of people.