J. Whitney & Co. Las Vegas, NV
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
A client of ours is launching 2 new marijuana dispensaries in Las Vegas and is seeking a General Manager to join their dream team! You will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating the activities of two retail marijuana stores (dispensaries). This position will give the opportunity to establish and launch new locations.
We believe in treating customers and employees with care and compassion. The profits generated from these stores will be given back to the community through large charitable donations. The business model of these stores is unlike any other in the focus on corporate social responsibility. Having a team that aligns with the values of the company and takes pride in their people skills and values contributing to the community is crucial to the success of this company's mission.
- Maintain brand and service consistency between 2 locations
- Oversee the operations at 2 locations
- Supervise team of retail sales workers
- Adjust daily schedule for shift personnel to ensure optimal efficiency
- Train and evaluate employees
- Track monthly results and trends for business forecasting
- Resolve escalated customer complaints
- Keep C-suite informed about earnings
- Keep C-suite informed about the status of operations
- Upper level management experience desired
- Dispensary management experience is beneficial but not required
- Retail management experience is beneficial (if you're a quick learner, then your retail experience may translate over to this business type!)
- Bank management experience is beneficial
- Management at a jewelry store or high risk item store is beneficial
- Customer service experience is beneficial
- Sales experience is beneficial
- Experience with inventory tracking is beneficial
- Experience with handling cash is beneficial
- Experience with generating and interpreting reports
- Adept at learning new Point of Sale Systems
- Adept at adhering to rules and regulations
- Previous experience in retail, customer service, or other related fields
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong leadership qualities
- Attention to detail
- Good at understanding a system and consistently implementing that system
- Knowing how to prioritize tasks and delegate tasks when possible
- Communication skills / good with people
- Learning new Point of Sale Software
- Learning new inventory tracking systems
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Adhering to rules (this industry is highly regulated so many of the operational rules are mandated by the regulations and cannot be altered)
Bachelors degree or Masters degree in communications or a business related area of study is preferred
What success looks like
People who have performed well at this job are especially skilled at managing people and managing projects at the same time. Successful individuals tend to be skilled at looking at the big picture and thinking strategically rather than getting stuck in the weeds. People that thrive in this position are good at setting expectations with lower level managers and collaborating with them in running each of the dispensary locations. The GM should be comfortable and not easily overwhelmed with managing up (executives) and managing down (managers and employees). A successful GM is capable of setting a success strategy for the company and leading the two operations toward achieving the same goal while maintaining the quality of product and service at both locations.
Who should not apply
Anyone easily overwhelmed should not apply for this position, simply because at times, the dispensary can be a fast paced environment and the Manager has to be capable of maintaining admin items such as interpreting reports and attending meetings, while also remaining available for lower management needs, and the individual needs of each store. Also do not apply if you are not comfortable driving. Going between locations will likely be necessary.
Use the word "gregarious" in your response to this post to indicate that you completed reading the posting.
J. Whitney & Co.Why Work Here?
Get the chance to work with an exciting startup company in a growing industry that has massive room for growth.
J.Whitney & Co. is a cannabis business strategy firm acting as a recruiter on behalf of various cannabis businesses.