MD. Associate Medical Director, Family Med/Addiction
J. Morrissey Enfield, CT
- Posted: over a month ago
J. Morrissey & Company has been retained by Community Health Resources (CHR), Windsor, CT to conduct the search for the Associate Medical Director, Primary Care and Addiction Medicine. CHR has locations throughout Connecticut where they provide an integrated care model, of primary care services along with care for substance abuse challenges for their clients.
Our Client, a nonprofit behavioral healthcare agency in CT is a Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC) committed to provide quality, comprehensive care for people of all ages whose lives have been touched by serious mental illness, addiction, trauma has partnering with primary care practices in the region to bring vital behavioral health services into medical offices.
The primary care provider will act as the Assistant Medical Director Supporting the program in the Enfield, CT Office serving as Medical Director for Opioid Treatment Programs in the Department of Corrections providing all three FDA approved medications for Opioid Use Disorder and meeting the federal standards for Opioid Treatment Programs endorsed and monitored by the National Commission on Correctional Health Care.
Participating in agency performance improvement processes
Developing and supporting Joint Commission accreditation processes in conjunction with the Medical Director, VP of Quality and Operations, and senior leaders overseeing direct care.
Participating in Risk Management processes
- Oversee the professional practices of the family medicine APRNs, behavioral health APRNs, and Practitioners providing Medication Assisted Treatment.
- Functioning as the Division’ s chief consultant for integrated care and the treatment of substance use disorders.
- Train and mentor Practitioners (MD and APRN) and other providers in the delivery of Addiction treatment through direct supervision, consultation, program development, and training.
- Provide leadership and performance improvement on agency strategic goal to enhance integration of primary care and behavioral health.
- Board Certified in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine and Board Certified in Addiction Medicine.
- Experience with primary care services for individuals with Severe and Persistent Mental Illness, Substance Use Disorders, and Co-occurring Disorders.
- Experience implementing Joint Commission accreditation standards, SAMSHA Federal regulations for Opioid Treatment Programs, and requirements of DPH and DSS.