Food Service Attendant
J. Morrissey Springfield, MA
- Posted: over a month ago
2 positions for food service attendant 11 am - 7 pm
1) Safe, sanitary food safety and equipment techniques. Use of gloves when setting up trays, following policies for effective use of mechanical cleaning of plates, pots and pans and silverware. Utilization of temp logs and organization of clean items so they do not come in contact with dirty items etc.
2) Able to perform all five main dish-room tasks. Tray assembly, cart delivery/retrieval (that includes knowledge of all units in hospital), tray removal, loading and unloading. Use of conveyor-type dish machine.
3) Accurately assembles patient meal trays that are in compliance with diet orders and food allergies. Practices safe food handling including maintaining appropriate food temperature, hand washing and personal hygiene. Utilizes First In, First Out rotation system.
4) Maintains temperature, QC and QA logs as directed by HACCP, JCAHO and DPH regulations, and Executive Chef or designee directives.
5) Cleans and sanitizes all equipment and floors at end of night or shift. Safe use of chemicals used in dish room. Follows Quality Assurance charts for accurate ratio of water to chemicals used for sanitizing where applicable.
6) Team player in a fast paced environment.
7) Able to work independently with little supervision.
8) Perform other duties/assignments that are necessary without advanced notice in a fast paced kitchen environment to include: food prep, special cleaning projects, etc.