Custodians - Midshift
J. Morrissey Springfield, MA
- Posted: over a month ago
Custodians needed 12pm to 8pm or 3 to 11: 30pm
1) High level of interpersonal and customer service skills. Responsible for greeting and utilizing scripting whenever interacting with patients and customers.
2) Maintain high levels in flexibility, organization and prioritizing work.
3) Works in a team environment, collaborating with co-workers and unit staff.
4) Maintain health, safety and attendance requirements.
5) Adhere to system and department policy and any applicable laws and regulations.
6) Ability to perform daily responsibilities with minimal supervision following departmental duty lists to complete tasks.
7) Performs other departmental duties as required.
8) Follow departmental procedure guidelines and standard precautions in managing contaminated patient care equipment and supplies. Standard precautions include: hand hygene, sharps safety and wearing personal protective equipment.
9) Responsible for conducting daily terminal cleaning, maintaining all respective log books and use of UV-C disinfection technology.
10) Responsible for the cleaning and disinfection of all horizontal and vertical surfaces, equipment and furniture.
11) Responsible for the proper removal of municipal soild waste, regulated medical waste, soiled linen, and recyclables.
12) Responsible for high and low dusting, applying finish or polish to wood & steel surfaces.
13) Responsible for daily cleaning of floors, baseboards, corners and edges.
14) Responsible for changing cubicle curtains as needed.
15) Must be able to maintain pace in high intensity units.
16) Must be able to break down, clean and disinfect various specialty equipment such as Operating Tables.
17) Responsible for moving rolling stock such as stretchers and beds as needed.