Part Time - Wellness / Therapeutic Mentor / Coach
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Full Job Description
Overview: About the Job
Do you have an unrelenting commitment and passion to help others achieve their physical, mental and emotional health goals? Does the idea of choosing your own hours, working independently and having fun by developing a therapeutically sound relationship and meaningful relationship with your client and family sound like a rewarding and interesting challenge? For this role, J. Lynn is seeking coaches that are able to provide at least 8 hours per week to the role, and as many as 12 hours is welcome. You must be a male as you will be working with our adult male client population.
If yes, J. Lynn Enterprises, LLC, is on the hunt for an individual to join the team. J. Lynn is a concierge consultation service with the mission of designing creative and engaging educational, therapeutic, and individualized coaching services to individuals with disabilities.
J. Lynn coaches are person-centered, resourceful, personable, and know that treating end-users as one would treat a friend, rather than a patient or client, is the key to helping people ambivalent about by making changes and improvements in their life. This role would serve to support, guide and encourage adults with chronic mental health issues to more fully access their communities. The ultimate goal is to help each individual engage in (mostly) leisure activities and life enriching experiences.
Essential Functions: Responsibilities
- Support clients with psychiatric disability via in person, 1:1 outings and check-ins a few times per week
· Plan engaging and enriching leisure and/or volunteer outings, trips and adventures in partnership with our client based on preferences and interests
· Support their individual habit goals, teach adaptative/alternative skills
- Communicate with J. Lynn project manager and family as needed for issues regarding logistics, activity goals and support needs
- Empower, assist, cue participants to become active in their own health by utilizing motivational interviewing, mind/body interventions and behavior change techniques to make ongoing healthy lifestyle choices.
Qualifications: Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- Master’s Degree or undergraduate major in Social Work, Health, Public Health, or Psychology
- Equivalent: in lieu of degree, equivalent education and/or experience may be considered.
- Preferred: Certified Health and Wellness Coach
- At least 2-3 years experience as a health coach/mentor, educator, therapist, counselor, or related role with adults with chronic mental illness and relevant work knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Empathy, energy, and thoughtfulness
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Flexible, creative, self-starter, goal oriented
- Proficiency with the use of remote technology (Smartphone, wireless laptop, virtual conference tools, etc.).
- Willing to travel using your own (reliable) vehicle between CT and MA
- Must be physically able to play basketball and attend sporting events possibly in the evening
- Enter and maintain critical data into documentation system to ensure accurate and timely reporting
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, presentation, interpersonal) with all types/levels of audience
J. Lynn Enterprises LLC
AddressNew Haven, CT
Sports and Recreation
Get fresh Therapeutic Coach jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.