H.M. Payson & Co., a long-standing Portland-based investment advisory and trust company with deep roots in Maine has engaged J. Gaudet Associates to assist in their search for a Relationship Manager.
The relationship manager is responsible for building and maintaining personalized relationships with high net worth clients, proactively communicating and meeting clients' investment and service needs with the core objective of helping HM Payson's clients understand their portfolios and how the firm is meeting their financial goals; the relationship manager also works closely with internal groups (portfolio management, research, trust, etc.), committees, other relationship managers and investment research professionals,leads and participates in client review meetings, seeks new business opportunities and maintains effective relationships with other client service professionals, working hand-in-hand to execute all aspects of the client service framework.
- Bachelor’s degree required. CFP and/or CFA designations desired. CPA designation helpful.
- A minimum of three years of relevant work experience with a demonstrated ability to contribute to the investment process with strong analytical and organizational skills. Must be comfortable with a disciplined, long-term oriented investment style.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and listening) and proven client management skills with the ability to express complex ideas and present relevant investment strategies and other key topics in a clear and comprehensive manner.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work in a team environment and desire to work effectively and collaboratively.
- High level of drive and self-motivation; able to perform with limited supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and decision-making skills.
- Strong working knowledge of investment technology and applications; proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to travel to client meeting locations.
About H.M. Payson
H.M. Payson is a Maine Trust Company and SEC Registered Investment Advisor specializing in preserving and growing our clients’ wealth. Our focus is on providing investment advice through stringent research and a highly disciplined approach. Most importantly, every client is a client of our investment management firm. Our people are not compensated on individual performance but rather on how H.M. Payson performs overall. So although you work with one dedicated advisor, you have the power of the entire firm behind you.
For immediate consideration, apply online or e-mail your resume to email@example.com