Deputy Regional Director - Senior Fundraiser
- $80,000 to $90,000 Yearly
- Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Position Title: Deputy Regional Director - Senior Fundraiser
Reports to: Director for Capital, South & Mountain West OR Director, Mid-Atlantic and Florida
Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: Washington, DC (hybrid) or New York City (hybrid)
The Deputy Regional Director (DRD) will be a key member of a six-person team responsible for fundraising, stewarding donors, engaging leadership, and enhancing J Streets' presence in either the DC-metro and US South or New York. The DRD is responsible for creating and executing plans that grow the organization's leadership ranks and raise operating funds.
Ideal candidates for this position will have a strong background fundraising as well as politics and/or the Jewish community. This position is an outstanding opportunity for a talented, motivated individual to lead strategic engagement and fundraising efforts for an organization whose influence and reach are growing enormously year to year.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Cultivate and manage relationships with existing donors to maintain and increase their financial support for J Street;
- Identify new sources of funding through prospect identification, research and development;
- Cultivate donors for longer-term growth, multi-year and planned giving;
- Plan and implement high-impact donor and prospect gatherings in the region that both raise new funds and expand J Street's network of leaders.
- Identify, develop and empower leaders in key cities in the region who will drive J Street's mission;
- Keep and maintain regional data so it is accurate and current
- Develop or maintain 1+ successful, effective chapters in the region and develop an annual plan for each chapter with chapter leaders;
- Make chapters a home for the broader J Street community through regular meetings for chapter leaders and small and large-scale strategic programming that furthers the organization's goals.
Applicants should have a demonstrated track record in the following required skills:
- Relevant Experience: 7 years experience in a relevant field such as donor relations and fundraising. Background in fundraising and development work, making financial asks and organizing fundraising events
- Ability to clearly communicate J Street's positions and policies as well as superb communication skills at large - written and verbal
- Personally engaging and eager to work with leaders, donors, and staff; able to build and cultivate relationships with a broad range of community contacts
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, able to prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and work independently as well as in a team
- Commitment to J Street's mission
- Willingness to travel regionally and holding a valid driver's license
- Strong understanding of the political and Jewish communal landscape
- Familiarity with the region and the respective congressional delegations.
- Event management experience
- Comfort with basic data management
- Background on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and understanding how the conflict plays out in American politics
More about J Street
J Street is the political home for pro-Israel, pro-peace Americans working for the future of Israel as the democratic homeland of the Jewish people. The organization believes that preserving Israel's Jewish and democratic character depends on achieving a two-state solution, resulting in a Palestinian state living alongside Israel in peace and security. J Street focuses its work in three main areas: (1) Advocating and demonstrating support for pro-Israel, pro-peace policies in Congress, the media and the Jewish community; (2) Endorsing and raising money for federal candidates who share J Street's agenda; and (3) Educating the public and raising awareness of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and the two-state solution.
This is a full-time exempt position, with occasional work outside traditional work hours on an as-needed basis. The salary is $80,000-$90,000. Per J Street's Collective Bargaining Agreement, pay and title are commensurate with experience and according to pay bands outlined in our CBA. This position is expected to be hybrid.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes unlimited personal time off, sick leave, generous parental and family leave, paid time off on many federal and Jewish holidays, health and dental insurance, company-paid life insurance, a 401k program including an employer match, commuter benefits, and a flexible spending account.
J Street recognizes a staff bargaining unit affiliated with IFPTE Local 70, a union for non-profit workers. This position is included in J Street's bargaining unit and is covered under the terms of the collective bargaining agreement.
There are no extraordinary physical requirements for the performance of the essential functions of this position. J Street will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Travel and in-person meetings with leaders and donors are associated with the role.
We are excited to receive applications from a broad range of applicants as we grow our organization to better reflect the diversity of the communities that care about our mission. Please submit the items listed below:
- Answer two short-answer questions in the application process
- A cover letter is optional if you want to include additional information that was not addressed in the two questions asked.
- List of Three References
Applications are being accepted now and the position will be filled as quickly as possible.
At J Street we value an inclusive, welcoming, and diverse workplace. We are an equal-opportunity employer committed to understanding and valuing each other's perspectives at all levels of the organization thereby creating a culture that allows us to better serve our employees, and the communities we work with. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one's employment and fellowship, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination.
J StreetWashington, DC
ConstructionView All J Street Jobs
Get fresh Deputy Regional Director - Senior Fundraiser jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.