Architectural Technical Leader/Job Captain
J R Miller & Associates, Inc
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Architectural Technical Leader / Job Captain
Responsible for design development and construction documents of small-medium projects. Assist and work with team in design development and construction documents of large projects. Interact with consultants and agencies.
- Education: A degree from an accredited university in architecture, interior design, civil engineering or construction management or a degree in CAD drafting from a technical institute is desired.
- Experience: Minimum of five (5) years' experience in production and coordination of documents in all phases of architectural practice desired
- Experience with projects related to 1) manufacturing and industrial processes, and/or 2) aviation structures/hangars, and/or 3) solid waste/recycling facilities.
Communications and Collaboration
- Ability to professionally communicate both verbally and in writing to delegate assignments to JRMA team, consultants, vendors and government agencies.
- Coordinate projects with team members and consultants for status and project milestones.
- Support supervisor in directing and managing assigned staff within agreed upon budget hours for the task.
- Assist the Project Manager with Client coordination.
- Provide input/feedback of direct reports to Project Architect/Technical Manager/Principal for review and evaluation.
- Proficient in the documentation of project design in AutoCAD and/or Revit such as three-dimensional modeling, product or material research.
- Follow the design intent of graphic and verbal directions during all phases of the project.
- Interact with lead designer to solve project issues and integrate design intent with project document development through all phase
- Demonstrate AutoCAD and Revit competency in advanced commands of editing requirements, drawing set up for any type of project, management and use of all AutoCAD/Revit files.
- Possess knowledge of drawing setup, layers, plotting/publishing, dimensions, blocks, attributes, purge/audit/recover, and back up files and viewports.
- Be familiar with collaboration tools e.g., Bluebeam, BIM360, etc.
- Understand technical terminology of the architectural and construction industry.
- Organize and generate set of working drawings, and fulfill requirements/deliverables of SD, DD, and CD phases.
- Help select appropriate materials, systems and develop all construction details and systems.
- Identify and resolve project conflicts and discrepancies. Propose solutions and review with supervisor as required.
- Coordinate with government agencies, utility companies and obtain plan check approvals.
- Assist in preparation of outline specifications and editing and coordination of master specifications.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of the applicable building codes for independent code analysis and compliance.
- Provide construction administration based on design intent with minimal project manager supervision.
- Assist Project Manager with RFI responses, DCNs, submittal reviews, review and integration of agency comment responses.
- Offered after a waiting period and approval.
- Life Insurance
- Long term disability
- PTO (personal time off)
- Hybrid remote
J R Miller & Associates, Inc
Get fresh Architectural Drawing jobs daily straight to your inbox!