- Posted: over a month ago
Who are we?
J/PR is a global communications firm specializing in public relations, content creation, and social media. We work with some of the best hotels, resorts and lifestyle brands in the world, including Relais & Châteaux, Vail Resorts Hospitality and Hilton Luxury Brands to name a few. You can see our current client list here. Being a part of this international powerhouse agency will connect you to a roster of distinguished hotels, resorts, restaurants, real estate projects, and destinations across the globe, elevating your career (and your frequent flier status). We tell compelling original stories to connect brands to their target audiences. We’re passionate, professional, and purpose-driven. We're dedicated to our work, the agency, our clients, and each other.
Forbes said “These Women Are Dictating Where You're Traveling,” and Inc. Magazine featured J/PR in an article titled, “How Two Millennial-ish Women Built a PR Powerhouse.” This is in addition to numerous awards like PR News Best Places to Work, New York Observer PR Power 5 for five years in a row, The PR Net 100, Forbes Five Star Agency, PR Couture Spotlight Agency of the Year, and Crain’s Best Places to Work (to name a few).
At J/PR, we’re incredibly intentional about our company culture, and we whole-heartedly believe in a work-life blend, where you'll be empowered to continue learning and growing through travel, mentorship, training and retreats, along with a connected company culture.
Who are you?
You are a seasoned Publicist ready to bring your creativity, connections, and collaborative style to J/PR. You make it your personal mission to craft coverage-worthy pitches and story angles for journalists and entice sought after influencers to collaborate on posts. Our ideal Publicist has developed a confidence that is validated by results and has started to master the delicate balance between surging ahead and asking for help. You’re a role model to junior staff making time to mentor and you thrive off of increased client interaction, eager to share well thought out ideas. You anticipate your managers needs, are the right hand to our senior team members, and proactively look for opportunities to interact with and develop key media contacts because you value personal relationships as much as we do. If this sounds like you, then please read on!
As a Publicist, you are our in-house Media Relations go-to. This means flawlessly handling everything from building media lists, to drafting and helping with pitches, to rocking the end-to-end coordination of a FAM: pitching, planning, staffing, developing the itinerary, and attending. Your fingers are on the pulse of the industry, which means you’re also getting hits and placements, and proactively reaching out and submitting clients for award submissions. You’re also starting to have more direct client communications, which means responding to emails, having a bigger voice on client calls, directly reaching out to the client when needed, and competently and confidently handling incoming day-to-day requests.
Please note: This job listing is for a future pipeline. As a high-volume agency, our staffing needs evolve rapidly, and we frequently need to grow our team as new clients are onboarded. While we’re not currently interviewing for this role, we always welcome applications from strong candidates, and will reach out when a role opens.
Duties and Responsibilities
Account + Client Management
- Provide approvals on agendas, reports, and updates for the junior team members
- Oversee the workflow of junior team members
- Have a deep understanding of reporting, particularly of Barcelona Principles
- Actively participate in creative brainstorming and pitch development
- Provide attention to detail, while being able to prioritize, multi-task and delegate
- May be a primary client go-to on select initiatives
- Lead portions of client cal
- Establish and grow relationships with media and influencers by taking more 1:1 meetings
- Organize, invite and host press trips
- Concept creative and targeted pitch projects for the team that are aligned with account goals
- Facilitate media missions in local, regional and national markets
- Monitor and manage editorial calendars, assign duties to team as necessary
- Be an account authority – you have your finger on the pulse of the junior team workflow and are beginning to anticipate what’s needed next in support of the senior team member(s)
- Offer mentorship and guidance to Junior Publicists and Publicity Assistants
- Seek opportunities to get involved in relevant organizations
- Remain up-to-date on and share news on trends in our industry as well as those impacting your clients by following relevant blogs, websites, influencers, newsletters, etc.
- And other tasks, projects, or duties as required
- College Degree or comparable experience required
- At least 2 years public relations experience
- Agency experience preferred
- Computer skills, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, experience in a hospitality environment is a plus
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Strong knowledge of media and news cycles
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment
- Basic understanding of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Foundational understanding of Influencer engagement
- Polished and professional demeanor
J/PR offers a competitive benefits package, inclusive of but not limited to:
- Competitive base salary
- Year-end Discretionary Bonus
- Hybrid office schedule
- Hotel Trade
- Birthday PTO
- Accrued PTO
- Monthly Cell Phone Stipend
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Pet Insurance
- Anticipated Base Salary Range: $58,500- $62,500 depending on location
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
J/PR strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
J/PR recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. J/PR may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressSan Diego, CA
BusinessView all jobs at J/PR
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?