J.McLaughlin was founded in 1977 by brothers Kevin and Jay McLaughlin with a mission to create an American Sportswear brand that offered two key components: classic clothing with current relevance and a retail environment that has a neighborhood feel. The J.McLaughlin brand has always been more about style than fashion: straightforward, unpretentious, and devoid of the superfluous. Our clothing is rooted in the tradition of sport, work, and play. With over 150 retail locations, each store is entirely unique, attentively designed to reflect the town's color, character, and architecture. This attention to detail extends to exemplary customer service and local philanthropic engagement.
Our “Culture of Kindness” creates an environment with respect, politeness, consideration, and empathy that creates a family like atmosphere and focuses on giving back to the community. The company has an entrepreneurial spirit which fosters great experience and career opportunities, complemented with our great incentive benefits programs.
J.McLaughlin is a specialty American Sportswear and Accessories brand headquartered in New York. J.McLaughlin has the reputation for being “local and loyal”, building meaningful relationships within the each community and providing customers with highly personalized service. We are a growing company with a focus on our culture of kindness, cultivating an exceptional atmosphere in which to work and shop.
We are looking for a highly motivated, results driven Assistant Manager for our retail store, with a passion for classic American Sportswear and the ability to lead the team to achieve goals while upholding the ideals and standards of the company. The ideal candidate should be sales driven and leads by example in building impactful relationships. The Assistant Manager would partner with the Store Manager on all aspects of the business, from sales, customer service, visual merchandising, team development, staffing and operations. As brand ambassadors, Assistant Managers are the experts in taking care of clients, selling, driving the business, and creating a unique shopping experience with new and existing customers.
About the Role
- Act as the Brand Ambassador by embracing the company culture to develop and cultivate strong relationships with clients and our communities
- Motivate and engage the store team by setting clear goals and expectation to achieve objectives and contribute the overall success of the store
- Provide exemplary client service to create a customer centric, friendly retail environment that fosters loyalty within our communities
- Mentor sales associates by providing them with selling techniques, product knowledge and clienteling methods to help them grow their business
- Manage store operations to ensure all aspects of the business run effectively and efficiently while keeping customers the top priority
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Support the store manager with all areas of the business, including sales, customer service, loss prevention, training, merchandising, inventory management and store operations
- Create and maintain a culture of kindness that is client and team focused
- Train and develop teams on selling skills, product knowledge, operations, and coach in the moment to maximize sales
- Support the execution of a client outreach plan, utilizing clienteling tools to inform customers about upcoming events and when new product arrives
- Assist store managers with store events and trunk shows, continuing to build a reputation of being a local and loyal retailer.
- Drive sales by demonstrating extensive product knowledge and the ability to make appropriate suggestions to the client
- Understand sales plans, key metrics and how they contribute to the store’s overall success
- Effectively use the POS system to provide exemplary customer service
- Plan and prioritize the workload and ensure the customer is the top priority
- Effectively communicate needs of the business with Store Manager, District Manager and store teams
- Take a collaborative approach, sharing best practices, ideas, and information with peers across all markets and build productive relationships
- Answer customer questions and inquiries, and concerns to resolve customer issues in a timely manner
- Communicate and execute all direction from Retail Operations and the Corporate Office
- Plan and prioritize the workload and ensure the customer is the top priority.
- Assist the store manager in merchandising the sales floor to maximize sales while adhering to visual standards
- Maintain a clean and organized sales floor, stock room, and common areas to ensure a welcoming environment
- Adhere and enforce to company policies and procedures and standards of professionalism
- Lead by example and maintain the highest level of integrity at all times
What we are looking for
Skills & Requirements:
- 1+ years of retail management preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Consistently demonstrates accountability, reliability, and professionalism
- Proven track record achieving sales goals and takes accountability for results
- Positive and self-motivated to win every customer
- High energy and results driven
- Adapts positively to change and has strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task, while keeping the customer the top priority
- Able to work various shifts, including weekends and holidays
- Comfortable standing for long periods of time; must be able to lift up to 30 pounds
J.McLaughlin is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
J McLaughlinOklahoma City, OK
RetailView All J McLaughlin Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.