SENIOR ACCOUNTANT (Oil & Gas)
Salary Commensurate with Skills & Experience
Houston family office with oil & gas assets seeks a Senior Accountant to join their team. The Senior Accountant is responsible for general accounting activities including preparing journal entries, maintaining balance sheet schedules and ledgers, and preparing account and bank reconciliations.
• Reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts including cash.
• Prepare journal entries.
• Reconcile intercompany balances.
• Maintain fixed assets schedules.
• Maintain oil & gas property schedules.
• Act as back up for revenue accounting functions.
• Other duties as assigned by Controller.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field.
• 2+ years of experience in oil & gas financial accounting and/or public accounting experience with oil & gas clients.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Access. Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, merges, macros, statistical formulas).
• Growing understanding of the practical application of GAAP.
• Strong team player with excellent communication (verbal and written) skills.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.