GEOTECHNICAL/GIS ANALYST – Oil & Gas
Fort Worth, Texas
Fort Worth oil and gas company is seeking a Geotechnical/GIS Analyst to join their geoscience team. The ideal individual must be a self-starter and “take-charge” analyst. The position requires heavy data manipulation, querying and data management utilizing various software applications. The company offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Maintain well and geologic databases and projects using PHDWin software to import and export data.
- Create maps and cross-sections for presentations.
- Organize and manage shapefiles and well data.
- Prepare and distribute copies of well logs, maps, and cross-sections for distribution of field/prospect information to management.
- Shared responsibilities for software downloads/updates and installations within the department.
- Assist geologist in field studies and development of unexplored areas.
- Manage GIS and production data reporting.
- Construction and maintenance of mapping and geologic databases for exploration and new projects.
- Gather information in support of development opportunities.
- Responsible for file conversion and management.
- A broad base of technical skills working in a fast-paced, goal-driven environment.
- Able to meet deadlines, create and share ideas through effective communication.
- Perform research.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, math or science-related field. GIS degree or certificate a plus.
- Relevant Geotechnical/GIS experience in the oil & gas, energy consulting, or energy investment banking industries.
- Strong geoscience/GIS software skills. technical capability.
- Must have solid work ethic and ability to prioritize projects.
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills.