Software Engineer - Asset Management Strategic Solutions - NYC Global Investment Bank
- Posted: over a month ago
Software Engineer – Asset Management Strategic Solutions
NYC Global Investment Bank
J Harlan Group is currently conducting a search for a Software Engineer – Asset Management at a global investment bank to join a talented global trading technology team focused on high quality and consistent delivery to support the firm in meeting their business objectives.
An excellent opportunity for a software engineer with a background in Object Oriented Technologies (Java and/or Python) data engineering and cloud technologies with experience deploying microservices to the cloud.
As a Software Developer, you will deliver the software solutions which empower their people and clients to innovate and invest for a better future. Collaborating with colleagues across the globe, you'll work with a variety of modern technologies all built on our cloud-based infrastructure.
You'll have the satisfaction of seeing the software development process through from start to finish and the impact of your solutions as they bring opportunities to life. You will be involved from understanding the opportunity and the business case, through to prototyping requirements and delivering the final solution. You'll design, make technology decisions, ensure security by design, code, document, test performance, and provide support. There is no aspect that you won't be involved with.
The firm has a people-centered culture, which means they want to hear your ideas. You will be empowered to research, evaluate and present recommendations for innovative technologies and frameworks.
Developing their teams is important at Macquarie and you can impact the team by mentoring, learning and building reusable code. Their online learning platform allows you to build both technical and soft skills. Connect with others, in the office or online, through our employee network groups and regional programs. Many of our team have moved roles internally and taken advantage of the strong internal mobility culture we have.
The ideal candidate would have a background including a proven problem-solving, software development expertise in at least one Object Oriented Technology and an interest in financial markets.
- Proven engineering skills with the ability to work in Object Oriented Technologies (Java and/or Python) using AWS to build data pipelines and microservices.
- Working knowledge of relational database with SQL and/or non-relation database
- Understanding of Design Patterns, Testing methodologies and overall SDLC.
- Comfortable proposing designs, gather feedback from others, build solutions with reusability in mind and documenting / explain how the solution works.
- Comprehension of security, including authentication and authorization.
- Familiarity with Linux, Shell Scripting, load balancing and basic networking.
- Building solutions considering user experience, automation, security, performance, resilience, cost, scale and reusability.
- Experience with lively, organic, highly collaborative environments
- Ability to craft creative and practical solutions to problems and express those solutions in code.
- Must be an entrepreneurial, self-motivated, open-minded, conceptual, intelligent, bright individual who is intellectually honest & open to debate with excellent synthesis abilities.
- Strong desire to contribute and build a business – not just solve novel problems.
An individual who loves solving deep and complex technical and business problems and wants to have an outsized impact with the products they build and deliver. An individual with a passion for technology, high level of intellectual curiosity, a commitment to excellence and an unparalleled drive to deliver world-class software.
They seek candidates who are high-energy self-starters who want to join an investment banking firm on the leading edge of the global markets. The management team needs individuals of the highest professional caliber who are leaders, problem solvers, analytic, detail-oriented, and entrepreneurial. Everyone at the firm works in a highly collaborative and charged environment.
Successful candidates are:
- Analytic and relentless in pursuit of the right answer
- Strong communicators who excel at rapid synthesis
- Able to demonstrate sound business judgment
- Able to digest complexity while maintaining an understanding of the “big picture” of business needs
- Team players who are energized by a collaborative enterprise
About the Client:
The firm is a major Global Investment Bank with expertise in banking, they operate in over 50 countries and employ over 15,000 people worldwide. They're one of the largest financial services providers in the world, and are also engaged in retail banking, credit cards, corporate banking, and wealth and investment management. They provide large corporate, government and institutional clients with a full spectrum of solutions to their strategic advisory, financing, and risk management needs.
The firm's employees maintain the highest professional and ethical standards. The firm has earned a reputation for honesty, fair dealing, and transparency in a competitive industry. They believe that these standards are the foundation for superior investment performance and are critical to delivering performance to clients
J Harlan Group, LLC
AddressNew York, NY
TechnologyView all jobs at J Harlan Group, LLC