Project Manager - Private Equity - Greenwich CT
- Posted: over a month ago
Private Equity – Greenwich CT
J Harlan Group is currently conducting a search for a Project Manager at a prominent Greenwich CT Private Equity organization.
The Project Manager will be a significant contributor in enabling the firm's vision and helping the organization to grow and improve their businesses.
An exciting opportunity to join the firm's Technology team responsible for setting the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of major projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
The firm views Technology as a distinct commercial advantage - enabling a host of opportunities that differentiate them from their competitors.
The firm is a fast growing and dynamic investment organization that is experiencing exceptional growth and is looking for exceptional people to power its next phase of growth.
- Act as a thought partner with business partners; assist in setting priorities for requested projects and project requirements
- Collaborates with project stakeholders, manages overall project execution for assigned projects
- Responsible for business requirement analysis and developing business cases for proposed projects, including determining scope, timeline, cost and resource estimates
- Assist in 3rd party system selection
- Analyze business problems (process or data), and identify specific opportunities for process and systems-related improvements
- Re-engineer/optimize business processes, synthesizing analysis and incorporating technology where applicable
- Oversee project planning and ensure spring planning aligns with strategic direction
- Monitor progress of sprints and project delivery
- Work with projects teams to continuously improve productivity and identify potential best practices
The ideal candidate would have a background including:
- Professional experience in project management managing increasing complex projects or programs in Financial Services or Consulting, preferably in Private Equity or Alternative Asset Management
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and coordinating people and resources
- Experience developing a strategy and implementing a program
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Proven track record of delivering projects on time and at or under budget
- Experience and advanced knowledge of standardized project management tools and methodologies
- Hands-on experience with both waterfall and agile project delivery methodologies
- Proven experience in people management, strategic planning, risk management and change management
- Proficiency with project management software
- Ability to work in an open collaborative and highly charged environment.
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced, Agile team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to establish and maintain a close working relationship's
- Confident communicator
- Enthusiasm for learning & results oriented
- Strong desire to contribute and build a business – not just solve novel problems.
- Ability to work with a wide range of clients and technologists to develop and implement technology in support of a dynamically growing Private Equity platform
- Strong academic record and a BA/BS degree with high mathematical and computing content (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or Financial Engineering)
An individual who loves solving deep and complex technical and business problems and wants to have an outsized impact with the services/ products they deliver. An individual with a passion for project/program management, high level of intellectual curiosity, a commitment to excellence and an unparalleled drive to deliver world-class services.
About the Client:
The firm is a global investment firm focused on distressed debt and private equity opportunities with $18B in Assets Under Management (AUM) and offices in the US, Europe, and Asia. They use a combination of sourcing, financial, and operational expertise to unlock value in complex situations.
The talent and dedication of their people is critical to their success. They offer an opportunity for developing one's professional career while working with individuals trained in a variety of disciplines in a collegial and dynamic environment. They offer a broad range of competitive benefits on a global basis.
They seek candidates who are high-energy self-starters who want to join an investment management firm on the leading edge of the global markets. The management team needs individuals of the highest professional caliber who are leaders, problem solvers, analytic, detail-oriented, and entrepreneurial. Everyone at the firm works side-by-side with the firm's senior management in a highly collaborative and charged environment.
Successful candidates are:
- Analytic and relentless in pursuit of the right answer
- Strong communicators who excel at rapid synthesis
- Able to demonstrate sound business judgment
- Able to digest complexity while maintaining an understanding of the “big picture” of business needs
- Team players who are energized by a collaborative enterprise
The firm's employees maintain the highest professional and ethical standards. The firm has earned a reputation for honesty, fair dealing, and transparency in a competitive industry. They believe that these standards are the foundation for superior investment performance and are critical to delivering performance to clients
J Harlan Group, LLC
ConstructionView all jobs at J Harlan Group, LLC