Asset Management Analyst/Associate (NYC or Miami) NYC Private Credit Fund Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
Asset Management Analyst/Associate (NYC or Miami)
NYC Private Credit Fund Manager
J Harlan Group is currently conducting a search for an experienced and highly motivated Asset Management Analyst/Associate in their New York City or Miami office of a prominent Private Credit Fund Manager Headquartered in NYC.
Analyst/Associate candidates must have 2+ years of experience working in credit underwriting, direct lending, private credit, specialty finance, investment banking, consulting, or special situations with specific experience stress testing, evaluating debt and ABS transactions.
The firm's Asset Management team builds robust relationships with portfolio companies utilizing a customized process to learn and monitor the intricacies of a business' operations and key performance indicators, with the goal of maximization of return for the firm's investment portfolio. In addition to investment and credit monitoring experience, Investment Analyst candidates will be expected to have the financial and legal analytical skillset, business judgment, and maturity to own and manage multiple monitoring relationships from initial funding to exit.
An exciting opportunity, to manage, monitor post-investment relationship with multiple portfolio companies from deal close to exit
New York or Miami (with regular travel to New York)
- Support the Asset Management team, focused on analysis, monitoring, and reporting.
- Interface with portfolio company executives to understand operational milestones and work with them to accomplish their goals.
- Build financial tracking models and extract key data points from imperfect sets of information.
- · Review and track loan covenants to: (a) ensure portfolio companies maintain compliance and (b) assist senior Asset Management team in managing the legal processes in the event of a covenant breach or default.
- · Identify possible early warning indications of risk exposure.
- · Prepare portfolio updates and KPI performance that will be presented to the Investment Committee.
- · Collaborate with colleagues to evaluate runoff alternatives and supervise liquidations & restructurings
- · Communicate findings and analyses, across mediums, with team and firm senior management
- Develop sector intelligence
- Analyst/Associate candidates must have 2+ years of experience working in credit underwriting, direct lending, private credit, specialty finance or investment banking, consulting, special situations groups; with experience stress testing, evaluating and structuring debt and ABS transactions.
- Interpersonal skills and maturity to communicate effectively with management teams and extract actionable intelligence from complex situations.
- Advanced Excel Skills: Ability to build operational and financial models, correlation, valuation, runoff, liquidation, and various other types of analyses with limited supervision.
- Proven and demonstrable analytical capabilities, ability to creatively extract and evaluate relevant data points from imperfect sets of information.
- An entrepreneurial mindset and the capability to manage multiple complex situations in parallel, understanding the operating requirements of private businesses during growth, evolution and potentially turnaround phases.
- Effective writing skills to support the creation of memorandums and investment performance summaries
- Familiarity with the basics of capital structures and corporate debt including Leveraged Finance; Restructuring; Structured Finance; and ABS. Specific experience is a plus, but not required;
- Familiarity with financial contract negotiation.
- Able to travel domestically.
- Strong academic record and a bachelor's or higher degree in Finance, Business,
Accounting, Engineering, Mathematics, or Sciences preferred
MBA, CFA or other relevant graduate degree or certification is a plus, but not required.
An individual who loves solving deep and complex investment / asset management related matters and wants to have an outsized impact on the firm's asset management abilities. An individual with a passion for Investment/Asset Management, high level of intellectual curiosity and horsepower, a commitment to excellence and an unparalleled drive to deliver world-class services.
About the Client:
The firm is a New York-based, private credit fund manager that provides collateralized loans to small and mid-sized, non-sponsored businesses. The firm's investment funds deliver senior-secured, short-term funding to companies that have quality operations, assets and strong profit opportunity, but lack efficient access to capital. Companies choose this organization rather than utilizing more traditional capital alternatives because they have a reputation for being responsive, decisive and are able to deliver on their commitments. They originate collateralized loans of $10 million to $30 million and offer an equity alternative for management teams with high conviction, which allows them to avoid equity dilution and the long equity raise process, while executing immediate business and growth goals. The firm operates like a private equity firm, offering a wide array of resources to their portfolio companies - above and beyond traditional lenders – and underwriting more efficiently and rapidly. They have a highly experienced team of 27 professionals with deep investment and operating expertise. Over their 13 year history, they have completed over 110 transactions and deployed more than $1.4 billion in capital to companies across a variety of sectors.
They seek candidates who are high-energy self-starters who want to join an investment management firm on the leading edge of financial markets. The management team needs individuals of the highest professional caliber who are leaders, problem solvers, analytic, detail-oriented, and entrepreneurial. Everyone at the firm works side-by-side with the firm's senior partners in a highly collaborative and charged investment environment.
Successful candidates are:
- Analytic and relentless in pursuit of the right answer
- Strong communicators who excel at rapid synthesis
- Able to demonstrate sound business judgment
- Able to digest complexity while maintaining an understanding of the “big picture” of business needs
- Team players who are energized by a collaborative enterprise
The firm's employees maintain the highest professional and ethical standards. The firm has earned a reputation for honesty, fair dealing, and transparency in a competitive industry. They believe that these standards are the foundation for superior investment performance and are critical to delivering performance to clients
J Harlan Group, LLC
AddressNew York, NY
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at J Harlan Group, LLC