Project Engineer (Mechanical/Building)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our Calgary & Markham offices have immediate openings for an experienced Project Engineer (Mechanical/Building) with a building background to join our team to help us maintain our momentum.
The primary responsibility of this position is to manage our in house multi discipline technical services based on developing a scope of work, budget and schedule. This involves working with our project managers, design engineers, customers to ensure overall project success from inception to completion.
Preference will be given to applicants with practical experience related to any of the following facilities:
- Experience with commercial, retail, industrial and institutional buildings.
- Building sciences that include renovations to existing office buildings, office space reconfiguration, and coordination and relocation of office staff.
- HVAC and Plumbing for existing and new builds
- University degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum +/- 7 years of relevant experience in the industry.
- Professional engineer in good standing with APEGA / PEO.
- Good understanding of building design and site plan approval / development permit processes and building permit processes.
- A working knowledge of relevant building construction design standards and codes including National Building Code, National Fire Code.
- Project management skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to co-ordinate projects with J+B multi-disciplinary consultant team.
- Strong time management and commitment to deadlines.
- Possess excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer proficiency with experience in AutoCAD, Revit and Microsoft Office Applications.
- Expertise in contract document production and construction detailing.
- Must be familiar with occupational health and safety regulations on construction sites.
- Comfortable on a job site and interacting with various construction trades.
- Candidate must be a team player and a self starter.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
J+B Engineering Inc.
J and B Engineering Inc. (J+B) is a national engineering firm providing integrated multi-disciplinary consulting engineering and project management services to industrial, commercial, petroleum and government clients. J+B’s offices are located in Toronto (Markham), Ontario and Calgary, Alberta.
707 10 Ave SWCalgary, AB
ManufacturingView all jobs at J+B Engineering Inc.