- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
J&M Electrical is looking for Electricians of all levels to join our expanding team. J&M electrical has opportunities across multiple niches of our industry. Commercial, Residential, Fire Alarm, and System Integration are the contents of our markets. We are a small family owned company with a fast track system established to become a registered Federal Contractor. Opportunities for in-house growth are always present.
The candidate will need strong customer service and interpersonal skills. We are looking for a professional who aspires to grow with our company and are committed to our high standards of quality and customer service.
We are open to all applicants regardless of this post position title.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision.
**THIS IS A NON-UNION POSITION**
POSITION: Lead Electrician / Journeyman Electrician
JOB TYPE: Full Time
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsibility for the performance and duties of a fully licensed electrician. Including and not limited to installations, inspections, troubleshooting, client coordination, company representation, professional ethics, ability to visualize, communicate, and complete goals.
WORK SETTING: J&M Electrical operates multiple branches of electrical divisions. This job posting is primarily for a commercial electrician. Majority of the work preformed is in DTLA and surrounding areas. The J&M Electrical residential branch is located out of Santa Clarita, 5 minutes away from Six Flags Magic Mountain. We encourage all to apply, we are actively recruiting for all positions.
- Prepare each morning for work to be completed, at our warehouse location. (Residential)
- Follow drawings, specifications or verbal instructions to layout, build, install, and test electrical components.
- Delegate, guide, and complete work requested as a team. Communicate timelines, and completion timeframes.
- Install contracted work to our in-house professional standards.
- Answer emergency calls quickly, assess the safety of the situation upon first arriving at the scene and provide directions to individuals affected by the electrical emergency to ensure their continued safety and comfort
- Perform all work in accordance with the National Electric Code (NEC).
- Document actions, testing results, observations, final diagnosis of the situation and steps taken to resolve issues for each job or situation
- Upload to ProCore daily logs, sheets, RFIs, manpower notes, and all required information for each job.
- Valid state license
- Background Check
- Holds current Electrical Trainee Card (ET) or California Journeyman License
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, mechanical schematics, and written manuals.
- Minimum 3+ years industry experience
- Detail oriented with great oral and written communication skills.
- Comfortable with heights
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions
- 12v, 120/208/240/277/480 voltage knowledge and experience
- Electrical and Low voltage troubleshooting
- Current Lockout Tagout (LOTO) procedures approved by OSHA
- NEC/NFPA Knowledge
- OSHA 10 & 30 Certificates highly preferred++
- Must possess math and basic computer skills.
- Reliable source of transportation & Current clean driving record
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test if a new hire or transferring from a non-safety sensitive job
- Background testing
- Must demonstrate the following skills in a structured panel interview: 1.) experience leading teams, special projects and providing work direction, 2.) an ability to train and mentor peers and others, and 3.) good communication and adaptive leadership skills.
- A working knowledge of general contracting. Prior experience in providing work direction to others. Competent Person(s) and Leadership Training. Advanced mathematics. Certified in OSHA 30, First Aid-CPR, and NFPA70E. Specialized electrical equipment and tool training
SCHEDULE: Requires full work time only. 8 hours a shift- Monday to Friday - overtime expected depending on production needs. Regular attendance is an essential job function.
WHY J&M ELECTRICAL:
J&M Electrical has always dreamed big. It’s who we are as a company. It’s our culture. It’s our heritage. But more than ever, it’s our future. A future where we’re always looking forward. Always serving up new ways to meet life’s moments. Even when they’re hard. A future where we keep dreaming bigger. Together. To reimagine what a electrical company can be. And what J&M Electrical can do. Where we provide more opportunity for our people, lift up our neighbors, and make a meaningful difference in the world. This future is our purpose. A future that everyone can celebrate, and everyone can share in.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
J&M Electrical is committed to finding innovative ways to continually improve. It's this kind of thinking that creates a unique work environment by rewarding talent, celebrating diversity and encouraging forward thinking. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Qualified candidates should apply directly to this ad
Work Location: Multiple Job Locations, Central Hub
**When you reply to this ad, please attach your resume**
We’re a family business, and that means treating every employee, customer and vendor like family – supporting the success of everyone who is touched by our enterprise. In everything we do, we aim to be a “partner in and a contributor to the growth and success of our employees, customers and vendors.” That’s in our mission statement and we mean it.
28506 Constellation Rd Santa ClaritaSanta Clarita, CA
Get fresh Electrical Electrician jobs daily straight to your inbox!