Performs all aspects of Stationary Engineer duties including repair, overhaul, maintenance, and servicing of commercial and industrial Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration Systems (HVACR) Systems, Building Automation Systems (BAS), Direct Digital Systems (DDC), Plumbing, Pneumatic, Steam Systems, Electrical, Electronics, Fire Alarm and Life Safety Systems as required to support operations and maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operations, maintenance, and monitoring of BAS-building automation systems.
- Operations, maintenance, and repair of commercial electrical and electronic systems.
- Perform building maintenance including proper operation of all plumbing systems and HVACR systems.
- Performs repair and maintenance of Critical/Bio refrigerated systems
- Repair, testing, and maintenance for fire alarm and life safety systems.
- Repair and maintenance of medical gas, distribution system and associated components.
- Repair and maintenance of mechanical, electrical equipment, and miscellaneous electro-mechanical systems.
- Repair, maintenance, and operations of nurse call systems, code blue, tube system, security systems, and medical equipment.
- Performs a variety of duties related to trouble call, corrective maintenance, preventative maintenance, within the assigned timeframe.
- Minor maintenance of interior and exterior surfaces of the building including locksmithing, and door maintenance.
- Maintains the general cleanliness and appearance of assigned spaces and the workshop
- Assists the maintenance team, as required, and perform other duties of an Engineer as assigned.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- All appropriate safety practices for working with hand and power tools.
- BAS, electrical, refrigeration, plumbing, heating, air conditioning, and ventilating systems, safe operation and repairs.
- OSHA safety rules, AHA (Activity Hazard Analysis), LOTO (lockout-tag out).
- Safely perform tasks noted in essential duties.
- Coordinate and work with other staff members to achieve project deadlines.
- Read and comprehend operations and maintenance manuals, schematics, blue prints, and shop drawings.
- Clear verbal and written communications.
- Ability to troubleshoot systems using electronics, computers, and software systems.
- Use of computers for checking email, data entry on Computer Maintenance Management Software (CMMS), and training.
- Solely identify and resolve failures/alarms related to critical building equipment.
- Fabricate items, using hand and power tools.
- Accurately determine time and materials required for a job.
Education and Experience:
- 3 years’ experience in a healthcare or similar regulated industrial setting as a Stationary Engineer and, any combination of education and experience, which would provide the required knowledge and skills, is qualifying.
Licenses and Certification:
- A.S. degree in Mechanical Electrical Technology (MET) or Equivalent or
- Completion of MECH Certification or
- Completion of an accredited Apprenticeship program for Stationary Engineer or
- Documented Military Journeyman level or higher for respective trade(s) and
- Valid Driver’s License
- BAS Training/Certification
- NATE HVACR Certification and Universal CFC/ESCO Institute Certification for HVAC or related Accredited Certification
- ASSE 6040 Certification- American Society of Sanitary Engineers
- Qualified Boiler Operator
- BOC- Building Operator Certification
- Backflow Prevention Certification
- Knowledge of NFPA, NEC, TJC, OSHA, Local, State and Federal Codes
- Work is performed indoors and outdoors in extreme heat and a full range of climatic weather conditions.
- Required to wear uncomfortable protective clothing and devices when working with hazardous chemicals.
- Subjected to hazardous gases, high pressure gases, hot liquids, dirt, dust, and oil/grease.
- Requires physical dexterity, standing, stooping, climbing, and lifting heavy objects to perform duties.
- Must be physically able to work on ladders, scaffolds, platforms, roofs and in cramped equipment rooms and other confined spaces.
This job description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.