Manages Operations and Maintenance (O&M), repair, minor construction and sustainment contract for Government Healthcare facilities. Responsible for delivering outstanding customer service, positive employee engagement, compliance with all applicable local, state and federal requirements, while ensuring timely, safe and profitable contract performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for effectively managing and leading a team of union contract employees comprised of various Tradespersons, Administrators and Supervisors to deliver contractual requirements
- Responsible for ensuring timely and accurate delivery of all required Government and Company reports/deliverables
- Responsible for ensuring timely delivery of all required Government and Company training, certifications and personnel development
- Responsible for various Human Resource duties to include but not limited to payroll, hiring, terminations, employee recognition and discipline, performance reviews, conflict resolution, etc.
- Responsible for effective inventory management and control of government/company furnished parts, tools, keys, uniforms, equipment and furnishings
- Responsible for developing work schedules for employee’s while maintaining compliance with current and future collective bargaining agreements
- Responsible for ensuring procurement all parts, supplies and materials required for contractual compliance and operational fulfillment while meeting company and government small business utilization requirements
- Responsible for effectively managing various subcontractor disciplines to ensure compliance with scope of work, safety, environmental and quality control
- Responsible for negotiation and coordination of all required subcontractor and vendor services
- Responsible for the safety of all personnel on job, including subcontractor personnel and vendors
- Keeps current on applicable government healthcare regulations and commercial trends, including monitoring contract requirements to ensure compliance with Joint Commission, Life Safety, Environment of Care, NFPA and other federal regulations in a healthcare environment
- Coordinates the contract’s progress toward achieving company affirmative action and compliance with wage and salary standards
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements
- Must have high school diploma or GED
- Requires skills and abilities to foster cohesive teamwork and partnership between the various military, government and contractor personnel
- Requires comprehensive understanding of contract scope of work and required deliverables
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience managing and supervising a major hospital facility operation and maintenance program, including the supervision of a diversified work force responsible for operation and maintenance, repair, minor construction and sustainment
- Must have two (2) years’ experience in quality control supervision in a healthcare setting
- Must have in depth knowledge of various codes and standards applicable to the O&M tasks covered by the performance work statement, NFPA, EPA & OSHA codes and Joint Commission Health Accreditation Standards
- Experience includes direct engagement of at least two (2) full TJC surveys in a major hospital facility and or five (5) years’ experience with TJC documentation and compliance
- Certifications required, to include; current CHFM, CHC, or PE (or obtain certifications within 90 days)
- Must obtain OSHA 10/30-hour safety course certification within 90 days of hire or have current certification
- Demonstrate skills in objective problem-solving and decision-making
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite to include MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Role may require overnight travel
- Role may require varying work schedule
Physical, Environmental and Sensory Requirements
- Be able to stand, push, pull, bend, kneel, and stretch for extended period of time
- Moderate exposure to elements such as heat, cold, noise, dust, dirt, chemicals, etc. but not to the point of being disagreeable
- Be able to lift 25 lbs.
This job description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
J&J Worldwide Services