Position works under the immediate supervision of a Senior Level Project Manager or higher level position. This job is responsible for directing the work of trades, craft, and staff positions or sub-contractors as required. This position is typically assigned challenging projects and performs a variety of O&M or construction project management functions on activities associated with assigned construction assignments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform challenging construction and project management functions including planning, directing and budgeting for assigned projects.
- Perform construction and project management administration functions, handling a variety of actions and problems relating to assigned projects. May prepare and analyze project fund status reports, review billing procedures and contractual requirement submittals.
- Monitor project work plans designed to accomplish contractual objectives and provide direction and support to subcontractors, support staff, trades and crafts.
- Monitor requirements necessary to obtain progress payments, quantity options, government-furnished property, etc. and/or administer specific phases of a cost contract.
- May be responsible for assisting on the development of agendas for both pre and post-job conferences.
- Perform desktop publishing. Creates and assists in the development of visual presentations for the section.
- Prepare worksheets for cost accounting by analyzing blueprints, plans, and related customer documents. May consult with engineering staff and other technical personnel as required.
- Responsible for monitoring budgets on assigned projects.
- Assist in the analysis of new projects for consistency with proposals and negotiations. Reconcile inconsistencies between proposals and new projects and analyze the effects of proposed project changes. May provide management assistance with the coordination and negotiation of project changes.
- May prepare customer correspondence concerning project commitments, modifications and change orders
- Responsible for keeping current on government regulations and commercial trends. Monitor project compliance requirements to ensure compliance with Service Contract Act, Davis Bacon Act and other Federal regulations as required.
- Responsible for safety of all personnel on job, including sub-personnel, compliance with environment standards and quality of work performed
- Responsible for scheduling of work to be performed and overall project completion time based on IAW project plan. Communicate with customer regarding any deviations from the schedule.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, preferred, business administration, accounting, engineering or a related field will be considered, and
- Minimum of 5 years general experience in construction management for medical facilities.
- Four (4) years of supervisory experience, preferred.
- Must have, or be able to obtain ASHE HCC certification. AHA CHC certification will be accepted in lieu of HCC if properly documented.
- Experience in government contracting, general construction and financial administration
- Knowledge of U.S. government procurement regulations and labor law
- Must pass OSHA 30 hour safety course
- Must pass Corps of Engineers 10 hour CQM class for contractors
- Excellent management and employee relations skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters
- Ability to work independently and recommend solutions to problems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products, including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Projects
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while attending to multiple tasks and demands
- CQM certification, ASHE HCC, OSHA 30 Certification, and strong technical writing skills, preferred. Must be well versed in all aspects of the 3 phase Construction Quality Control system. Must be proficient in cost loaded scheduling and using MS Project.
- Proficiency in RMF/QCS (Core of Engineer Software) is a plus.
Physical, Environmental and Sensory Requirements
- Position works in office areas as well as through construction jobsites.
- Physical demands include intermittent sitting, standing, and walking, and occasional bending, reaching, and lifting.
- Moderate exposure to elements such as heat, cold, noise, dust, dirt, chemicals, moving machinery, etc., typical of a construction site.
- Ability to travel 10-20% of the time
This job description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
J&J Worldwide Services