Installs, maintains, services and repairs environmental-control systems; utilizing knowledge of refrigeration theory, pipefitting and structural layout. This position requires HVAC certification.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Installation, service, troubleshooting and repairs including but not limited to; chillers, air handling units, controls, package units, split systems, exhaust fans, refrigerators, freezers, hot/chilled water pumps. Involvement in Site’s predictive maintenance program so previous experience is highly desirable.
- Tasks ranging from operation of systems to the examination and evaluation of equipment to determine needed repairs
- Installs refrigeration and air conditioning systems by positioning compressors, motors, condensers, humidifiers, evaporators, heaters and other components in accordance with design specifications.
- Charges refrigeration systems with refrigerant gas tests for leaks.
- Starts unit and adjusts it for proper cut-in and cut-out of refrigeration units, humidifiers, heaters, air cleaners, and circulating pumps.
- Adjust systems for optimal performance.
- Maintains refrigeration and air conditioning systems by checking performance and determining problems. Repairs, adjusts, or replaces defective elements.
- Installs, maintains and repairs the electrical and pneumatic systems associated with refrigeration and air conditioning equipment from the safety switch throughout the equipment.
- Installs, maintains, repairs, operates all types centrifugal and reciprocating refrigeration/air-conditioning systems; also all types of pneumatic/electro-mechanical temperature controls.
- Performs necessary plumbing procedures to ensure operation of systems and equipment
- Performs preventive maintenance.
- Involvement in Site’s predictive maintenance program.
- Performs other duties and shift coverage, as required.
Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements
- Must have EPA certification per CFR part 82f (Universal preferred) for servicing and recovery of refrigerants.
- Ability to read blue prints, sketches, and specifications pertaining to air conditioning and refrigeration systems; to follow oral instructions; to use shop mathematics; to lay out work.
- Minimum 4 years of experience performing the specific craft function or certification from a recognized trade school.
- Requires broad trade knowledge of mechanical principals on standard shop methods of the Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic Trade.
- Experience and/or certification in one or more predictive maintenance technologies (vibration analysis, infrared, ultrasound, etc.).
- High level of computer aptitude and knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Ability to interpret and develop technical reports.
- Able to operate testing equipment for the systems; to use all tools and equipment necessary to this trade; to follow standard methods and procedures for the most part, but on occasion to have the ability and knowledge to perform the unusual and difficult operations.
Physical, Environmental and Sensory Requirements
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs., squat, bend, stoop and kneel for short periods, climb a ladder, stand for long periods of time, constant arm extensions.
- Occasional exposure to elements such as heat, cold, noise, dust, dirt, chemicals, but none to the point of being disagreeable. May involve minor safety hazards where likely result would be cuts, bruises, etc.
- Must be able to pass a local background check and have the ability to obtain and maintain NAC/LAC clearance after hire.
This job description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.