Position operates or maintains automatically fired boilers to generate steam that supplies heat or power to assigned healthcare facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors operation of boiler systems to ensure proper functioning of steam generation, compressed air, hot water, and other systems.
- Observes boiler and auxiliary units’ gauges, dials or other indicators to detect malfunctions.
- Makes repairs, such as changing burners and tightening pipes and fittings, and performs preventive maintenance on boiler room equipment, systems and related devices to ensure that equipment is operating efficiently and safely.
- May test and treat boiler feed water using specified chemicals.
- May maintain a log of meter and gauge readings and record data, such as instrument readings, water test results and quantity of fuel consumed.
- Assists in the development of operation, safety and maintenance procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements
- Must be licensed/certified by the State of Kansas for his/her specific trade at the full-performance start date.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associate’s Degree in Industrial Engineering or a related field preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years of relevant work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job
- Knowledge of OSHA safety regulations and PPE procedures
- General knowledge of hand and power tools
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to successfully pass a government background screen for admittance to jobsite
Physical, Environmental and Sensory Requirements
- Required to wear safety or composite lace-up boots.
- Must be able to climb ladders and operate machinery that requires Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) issued by management.
- Regular exposure to extreme temperatures, wet and/or humid conditions, electric shock, moving mechanical parts, fumes and airborne particles, loud noises, chemicals, etc.
- Physical demands include frequent standing, walking, reaching, and use of hands; regularly lifting and/or moving up to 25 lbs. and occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 50 lbs.
- Requires use of hand and power tools applicable to trade.
- Ability to maneuver a job site, including small spaces in around equipment
- Requires close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This job description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.