Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Kindly let me know if you have a suitable fit for the following position
Cloud DevOps Engineer
Oly w2 or 1099
Please send the resume to email@example.com or 847- 350-1008
Preferred Time Zone is a candidate in MST/PST for a fully remote role. NO California candidates.
Ansible is preferred.
Envision a career where you deliver breakthrough impact within our Information Technology department to scale innovation and open new pathways to growth through venture investing. We have a mission to innovate our future by building new products, services and ventures that generate $1B in new revenue in the next decade. Towards this aim, The Cloud DevOps Engineer serves a vital role in the ongoing effort to ensure consistent infrastructure, builds, and application configurations across all environments, including the preparation and distribution of application technical build and coordination notes. As a Cloud DevOps Engineer, you have the ability to direct activities, improve manual and automated continuous integration, build & deployment quality in terms of delivering a quality, consistent, and standardized product into an environment using best practices and methodologies.
- Develop tools to assist in automation of application build, deployment, testing, security and monitoring
- Utilizing your experience in code configuration management tools while cooperating with others to implement branching strategies
- Build and maintain the deployment processes for multi-tiered applications
- Identify and assist in design/implementation of automated tools to improve the continuous deployment pipeline
- Administer, manage, and maintain source control system (Git)
- Own builds, pre-release activities and all documentation associated with them
- Follow and enforce release deployment standards
- Solve and fix compilation or build script issues
- Act as a liaison between Application Development, QA, IT Security, and Operations
- Advocate new tools and processes to continuously improve, deploy and release efficiency
- Implement and deploy tools to assist developers such as on-demand dev or staging environments, log aggregation, metrics monitoring, and code analysis
- Modernizing monolithic apps to cloud based technologies
- Weekly rotating support within a team of 9 engineers
What would make us excited about you?
- The ideal candidate will have the ability and desire to learn cutting edge technologies and be an advocate for DevOps best practices within our organization
- Demonstrable expertise deploying production workloads on AWS and managing Kubernetes clusters at scale
- Linux/Windows systems administration experience
- Experience building and securing infrastructure as code using AWS CDK, Terraform, Cloud Formation, Ansible, YAML and/or similar tools.
- Solid understanding/certifications/working knowledge of the public cloud infrastructure and services in AWS (IAM, VPC, KMS, EKS, Cloud Watch, Systems Manager, S3, RDS, Route53, Lambda, AWS Config, etc.) and Azure is a strong plus
- Knowledge or experience with information security engineering in CI/CD pipelines (DevSecOps) and Data Pipelines and Systems (WAF, Akamai, etc.)
- Ability to demonstrate proven success in working in a team, as well as independently, and exhibit follow-through to understand root causes of issues
- Exposure to monitoring and logging tools (AWS Cloud Watch/Splunk/New Relic/AWS X-Ray/etc.)
- API development experience is a plus
Education, Work Experience, Licenses & Certifications Desired
- 4+ years of software release and build management experience working in Linux and Windows environments
- BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with the following Tools and Technologies; Maven, GIT, AWS CI/CD tools, JAVA, Jenkins, Oracle, Chef, Tomcat, Kubernetes, Docker, VMWare, Ansible, Terraform
- Expert knowledge of scripting languages and build management tools
- Expert knowledge of build, release and configuration management practices
- Experience working in high-speed dynamic environments
- Demonstrated problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Self-starter with the ability to quickly learn new tools and products
- Excellent verbal and communication
Charan Kumar | IVY Tech Sols Inc.
3403 N Kennecott Avenue, Suite B&C Arlington Heights, IL 60004
PH.( Direct: (847) 350-1008
* firstname.lastname@example.org|Gtalk : charan.ivytech|
Powered by JazzHR
Ivy Tech Solutions inc
AddressMelrose Park, IL
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?