ELECTRICAL CONTROLS ENGINEER - ATTLEBORO, MA
Provide mechanical electrical engineering support in a manufacturing environment, specifically equipment repair and maintenance as it pertains to metals processing equipment.
- provide electrical process controls engineering and data integration services including developing project scope, planning, procuring, and the managing of engineering projects.
- Assists in difficult breakdowns of equipment
- Assists in planned maintenance procedures and documentation updates
- Report on reliability issues with all equipment and suggest appropriate upgrades
- Work with process and equipment engineers to identify and perform root cause analysis on equipment and process issues and failures and define requirements to help address engineering problems and needs.
- Manage engineering projects from conception to completion.
- Provide a wide variety of engineering and data integration services from project specification through design, implementation, training and support.
- Troubleshoot, perform control system performance analysis and the implementation of control modifications in support of existing manufacturing equipment and processes
- Monitor PLC performance
- Use knowledge of current controls practices, procedures standards, and equipment
- Use software diagnostic tools
Education and Experience
- BS or work experience in industrial equipment maintenance, electronics and/or electrical engineering in machinery controls engineering and design, PLC programming.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the application and programming of PLC based rotating machinery control systems specializing in Allen-Bradley (MicroLogix, SLC500, CompactLogix, ControlLogix PLC Families), Reliance Electric (AutoMax), Siemens, GE Fanuc Systems.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the application and programming of AC/DC Drives, specializing in Allen-Bradley PowerFlex 750/755 AC, PowerFlex DC. Schneider Electric ATV61, ATV71, ATV930 AC. Siemens DC.
- Knowledge/application of Sensors including, Photoelectric, Ultrasonic, Stain Gages, Laser
- Knowledge and application of Temperature Controllers to include, Yokogawa, Schneider Electric, Omron