Protection Specialists work in Iverify's security monitoring center, "The I”. Protection Specialists monitor for both emergency and non-emergency electronic video and audio signals and respond to incidents accordingly. Protection Specialists defuse escalated situations through empathy, sympathy, calm tone of voice and reassurance assistance is in place and/or in route to their respective location(s).
- Make outbound calls to individual client sites initiating guard tour announcements inside of the location.
- Provides security and loss prevention services for Iverify's clients through the utilization of live remote audio and video and alarm monitoring technologies.
- Responds as appropriate for incidents which may include voice commands, client contact, or police, fire, and medical dispatch as required.
- Utilizes various assessment, evaluation, intervention, and defusing techniques in response to request for assistance and in handling incidents for clients.
- Responds in accordance with company and client standard operating procedures to incoming emergency and non-emergency alarm activation signals.
- Reviews video to verify the cause of an alarm activation signal, to determine and follow through with the appropriate established response protocols.
- Works in a 24x7x365 shift work environment from a workstation alongside other partner protection specialists.
- Intervention with direct verbal communication through remote audio engagement during high stress and crisis situations occurring on client’s property.
- Initiate verbal contacts with Iverify’s clients under a security and loss prevention relationship to notify and/or follow up on alarm and video surveillance situations with potential criminal activity.
- Complete thorough incident reporting along with video and snapshot images pertinent to criminal or unwarranted activity for documentation and electronic delivery to authorized client representatives
- Follow all departmental and company policies, procedures, and standards and other duties as assigned
•Excellent verbal communication and written skills
•Strong computer skills with ability to type minimum of 30 WPM.
•Must have a clean record with ability to pass a drug test and a 10 year background check.
•Must have a keen eye with attention to detail
•Heavy Multi-tasker in various situations and with various systems
•Must have a sound understanding of technology and computer use in the workplace, and possess the ability to learn new software
•Possess a strong Sense of urgency (ability to think quickly and outside of the box, proactive mindset)
•Cognitive Skills (ability to remain alert, focused and engaged for long periods of time)
•Ability to work in shift work environment where work schedule may require the work of weekends and holidays.
•Associates degree or 1-2 years college coursework completion
•College coursework in Criminal Justice or related field
•Alarm monitoring or police dispatch experience a plus.
•Experience in law enforcement and security surveillance
•Experience in loss prevention or investigations
•Practical, operational understanding of CCTV systems, alarm systems, and audio/video equipment
•Knowledgeable of security fundamentals with an ability to identify suspicious behavior.
•Knowledgeable of intrusion and / or fire alarm systems
•Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus
We are a 24/7/365 operation and Protection Team members must be able to work a schedule that may include varying shifts, holidays, and weekends in order to adequately support the department's duties and responsibilities. Must be flexible to work overtime when the need arises.