Item 9 Labs is looking for a leader and developer to manage quality control and oversee our cannabis extraction department. Candidates should be proactive and organized in order to elevate issues when it appears there are none.
The Lab Manager acts as the Master Extractor who manages single site day-to-day operations in a regulated, marijuana extraction environment through a team of extraction technicians. This includes extracting cannabis through various methods. Position may participate in product development and be responsible for supporting future product launches and methods of extraction. Regulatory compliance is an important responsibility of this role as well. The position partners with the cultivation and production team to ensure the production of high-quality products in an efficient manner.
If this sounds like the career for you, please provide an updated resume and cover letter. In your cover letter briefly describe the position you’re interested in and why you would be the ideal candidate.
- Manage extraction/lab technicians (hiring, delegating, disciplining, evaluating performance, etc.)
- Analytics and database management
- Weekly production reports and attendance of weekly meetings
- Ensuring the chain of custody is maintained for each batch
- Machinery troubleshooting
- Vendor relations
- Procurement of equipment for lab expansion
- Market research and new product planning
- Perform extraction and related processes using some or all of following materials / techniques: CO2, butane, propane, ethanol, isopropyl alcohol, ice water extraction, and heat and pressure
- Develop and maintain extraction operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing operational policies and procedures
- Partner with production team on all elements of the extraction and product preparation process
- Oversee and assist with the setup and production of the extraction lab
- Maintains accountability and inventory of all raw materials, finished products, and by-products of the extraction process.
- Apply scientific techniques, procedures, or methodologies to complete tasks
- Effectively communicate results to both technical and non-technical personnel
Personnel Supervision: Reports to the Director of Lab Production
Authority: Supervises Lab Technicians
- At least two years experience with CO2 Extraction Required
- Microsoft Office Suite efficient
- Analytical/problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – works well with others
- Ability to work quickly and accurately
- High standards for quality, safety, cleanliness and compliance