Sr. Lead/Principal Software Engineer Job
Itbrainiac Basking Ridge, NJ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sr. Lead/Principal Engineer Job #UHGJP00064263
UnitedHealth Group Basking Ridge, NJ preferred. Also will consider Minneapolis, MN
6 Months Contract to Hire
*Must pass a drug test and background check once offered position*
- Must have strong Tech Lead skills
- Principal engineer will work with Scrum Teams (3) & Dev Ops team, core platform
dual role , best practice mentoring, usually has to be accredited through the UHG program this role will not need to be
This is an: Engineering Thought Leader
- Hands on role, will write some code, improve code, and will guide processes and governance
Critical role, java programming is great but also has dev ops- security and CICD
Don't want just java engineers, need strong mentors, broader experience- public cloud, CICD
25-40% working/writing code, reviewing code.
- The Principle Software Engineer position is accountable to deliver highest quality software for next generation web-based Provider portals, applications, and solutions.
- As an integral member of the technology delivery team, the Principle Software Engineer will have oversight in designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting and supporting software applications consistent with established specifications and business requirements to deliver business value.
- This individual will mentor software engineers and align engineering practices with corporate standards and industry trends.
- The ideal candidate has 5+ years full-stack software engineering experience and proficiency in Java, Spring, Streaming, CI/CD, and databases.
- This individual will also have demonstrated experience in delivering high performing and resilient solutions on strategic initiatives.
Team and Team size:
- This role will be a member of our Dev/Sec Ops team and will be working closely with 2-3 Engineering teams to mentor and drive best practices.
- Actively mentors team members through code reviews, brown bags, tech talks, design reviews
- Influences Org and Org behaviors through tech talks, wiki pages, blogs, and design sessions
- Works outside their Org delivery teams (analytics, dba, managed services, large initiatives) to uphold and negotiate common standards
- Code reviews for own code will be quick and devoid of large issues
- Reviews code on critical new initiatives to ensure solution is foundational sound and solid
- Sets automation standards, implements tooling to support/report adherence
- Ensures that solutions apply testing strategically in the end-to-end product including performance, security, and functional types
- Builds components that enable teams to obtain a high level of stability, resilience, and proactive issue identification (log aggregators, alarming dashboards )
- Identifies and addresses gaps in proactive issue identification landscape
- Understands security threats and patterns comprehensively and ensures adherence to all regulatory initiatives, HIPAA, PHI, PII, locational data restrictions, contractual
- Stays current on new industry wide threat vectors and ensures processes are updated to avoid or remediate
- Leads and develops security adherence mechanism; trains the broader team on areas of risk
- Attracts talented senior engineering resources to fill roles within the organization
- Facilitates technical escalations for capability decomposition
- Owns long-term roadmap ensuring alignment to organizational strategic initiatives
- Identifies initiatives that result in customer improvements and drives adoption across the portfolio.
- 5+ years of experience in Programming (Strong Java 8+ Knowledge)
- 2+ years of experience with Spring/Spring Boot
- 2+ years of experience building highly secure systems and guarding against security threats
- 2+ years applying modern DevOps principles and automation techniques with tools such as Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes
- 2+ years of experience in incorporating Multi-Threading, Collection Framework and JDK Streams in solutions
- 2+ year of experience building cloud based REST APIs
- 2+ years of experience building user interfaces with Angular, React and/or Node JS
- 3+ years of experience with automated unit testing technologies like Spock, Junit, TestNG
- 3+ years of experience with Agile Methodology
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Good Communication skills
- Able to perform under pressure
- Tenacity to resolve issues cross-functionally.
- Hands on experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience with Public Cloud (Azure, GCP, AWS)
- Hands on experience with Kafka Streaming
- Experience with Rules Engines(i.e. Drools)
- Experience creating and managing databases (i.e. Mongo DB/MySQL )
- Healthcare domain knowledge
- Experience with logging/monitoring tools such as Splunk, Prometheus, Grafana, Elastic APM.
Rocky Singh - Staffing Head..
URL : www.itbrainiac.com
AddressBasking Ridge, NJ
TechnologyView all jobs at Itbrainiac