Itamar Medical Ltd is a medical technology company focused on the development, marketing and sales of diagnostic products based on its proprietary PAT platform technology, developed by a team of leading clinicians in sleep medicine and cardiology together with biomedical engineers and physicists.
WatchPAT is an FDA-approved portable diagnostic device that uniquely uses finger-based physiology and innovative technology to enable simple and accurate Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) testing while avoiding the complexity and discomfort associated with traditional air-flow based systems.
Position Purpose Summary:
The Shipping and Receiving Coordinator, under the direction of the Senior Operations and Warehouse Manager, controls warehouse inventory by coordinating movement of product from production to warehouse to shipping. They will be responsible for receiving, storing and distributing material medical devices, equipment and products ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all job functions. Position is responsible for supporting the warehouse and other operational duties. Additionally, the warehouse associate will assist in completing accurate shipping, processing and receiving which includes but is not limited to unloading, scanning moving, staging loading, locating and relocating and stacking product. At times they will be responsible for repackaging product, counting and inspecting products(s) and notifying the appropriate person when product is damages. All work performed by this position must meet Itamar standards of safety, security and productivity.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Picks-up product by monitoring production; loading and moving product.
- Stores product by designating storage areas; adjusting storage areas according to production and shipping requirements; updating location database.
- Prepares medical devices for shipment by verifying product, location; directing movement to staging area; resolving problems.
- Verifies product inventory reports by comparing logs and reports; adjusting entries.
- Documents actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records; maintaining databases.
- Work with manufacturing system (MFG) to process orders, returns and repairs and update items in Salesforce.
- Monitors inventory by completing counts as required.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes distribution and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- At times they will be responsible for repackaging product, counting and inspecting products(s) and notifying the appropriate person when product is damages.
- Ensure all product device movements and order activity will be processed as defined by the work instructions.
- Ensure the best possible quality and timeliness is given to each order
- Properly label and handle shipments
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area
- Follows instructions and responds positively to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Observes safety, OSHA, HAZMAT and security procedures
- May perform internal mail distribution duties
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions
- Uses equipment and materials properly
- Perform or assist in building, grounds, facilities and general Office maintenance as needed
- Work on various projects and other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the primary responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
- Experience with industry standard applications (MS Office, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Remote Support Tools, Windows, SQL, Salesforce)
- Ability to learn new systems
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills to effectively troubleshoot issues over the phone
- Ability to adapt to an changing work environment
- Highly organized person with exceptional attention to detail, ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Someone who is a quick learner with the ability to understand a wide range of issues and topics
- Ability to work independently, but who is excited to be a part of a dynamic team
- Ability to communicate technical issues in a way that is understandable to non-technical customers
- GED or High School Diploma required
- 1 - 2 years’ work experience in a warehouse or big box environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Above average amount of standing, walking, moving, climbing, carrying, bending, kneeling, crawling, reaching, handling, pushing and pulling (at least 90% of a standard 8 hour day, may be more at times)
- The employee will be occasionally required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds on a continuous basis.
- This job must use ergonomic tools and correct posture along with correct procedures for lifting, bending, squatting, carrying, pulling and reaching.
- Digital dexterity and hand/eye coordination in operation of office equipment
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
No supervisory responsibility.
Very limited travel required. May need to run errands to pick up or deliver products.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.