The position will be responsible for all the IT issues regarding our US corporate operations. To be successful in this position, person must be able to handle both the professional level (i.e. support the US team with all IT issues) as well as apply Itamar Medical IT procedures and regulations in the day to day conduct. The person holding the position will report to our US director of finance and operations. You will work closely and under the professional supervision and directive of the company’s IT manager (based in Israel) and in coordination with our US team.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
· Serving as the first point of contact for Itamar INC employees, seeking technical assistance over the phone or email.
· Performing remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
· Determine the best solution and walk the employee through the problem-solving process. Follow-up and update employee about status and information.
· Direct unresolved issues to the Israel IT manager.
· Handling and maintenance of all IT equipment in the US (to include issuing and returning of employee’s computers).
· Purchasing IT equipment when needed.
· Assist with phone system, installation, maintenance and up-grades.
· IT support to the US team (software & hardware installment and configuration).
· Record events and problems and their resolution in IT task system.
· Applying company’s IT regulations & procedures and monitoring compliance.
· Keeping all IT software up to date especially security software.
· Responsible for communication solutions that involves IT.
· Report relevant IT issues to company’s IT manager.
· Other job duties as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Professional knowledge and work experience with windows, office, networks, printers and IP telephony.
· Experience with Avaya phone systems a plus.
· Experience with servers handling - advantage.
· Proven effective verbal, computer, written and presentation/communication skills.
· Ability to quickly adapt and respond to job, environmental, and industry changes.
· Strong customer service skills, with excellent written & verbal communication skills.
· Autodidact - can learn and gain new knowledge on his own.
· Must be able to communicate effectively & maintain professional conduct at all times.
· Organized, self-starter with the ability to handle several tasks and prioritize workload with minimal supervision.
· Able to work longer hours or after hours to support company needs if they arise.
· Travel up to 10%.
· BSc Degree (computer science) – preferred
· Proven experience as help desk or IT support for at least 3 years.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The employee is required to sit – perhaps at long intervals of time
• The employee is required to work on computer for long intervals
• The employee is required to talk on the phone for long intervals
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.