Isuzu Technical Center of America, Inc. (ITCA) is currently seeking an energetic Electrical Engineer to join our team. Looking for someone who is eager to learn, a self-starter, highly organized, and ready to hit the ground running.
Conducts electrical engineering activities related to product design and integration (such as component and drawing creation), engineering specification reviews, engineering cost estimates, estimating development timing, and supporting testing for appropriate projects. Provides support on supplier design issues, problem resolutions, engineering evaluations, data analysis, engineering changes, and component timing. Provides engineering assistance to Isuzu related companies and departments as necessary.
- Evaluates technical content, improves quality, reduces cost, makes effective decisions and meets schedules while considering a range of possible alternatives. Reports activities and decisions to Sr. Engineer, assigned mentor and/or management for direction and/or approvals.
- Communicates effectively with Isuzu Japan (ISZJ) engineering, suppliers, production facilities, joint venture partners and other parties based on teamwork concepts.
- Coordinates with suppliers or other departments to achieve established targets on schedule.
- Analyzes new technologies and trends. Prepares reports and research findings to management in both the U.S. and in Japan.
- Maintains assigned projects and related schedules.
- Assists and consults with other Isuzu departments and companies, sharing technical documentation to support Isuzu’s collective objectives.
- Investigates North American (NA) Commercial Vehicle (CV) competitors’ vehicles or specific subsystems for competitive engineering research. Prepares presentations for reviews and information sharing.
- Assists with technical meetings at GM, ISZJ, Isuzu vendors, and others when necessary.
- Directs the creation of designs and drawings as necessary and evaluates vendor drawings.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE); MSEE preferred.
- Minimum one year of experience in automotive electrical architecture design engineering or equivalent.
- Development of automotive electrical parts (wire harnesses, starter, alternator, ECM, TCM, PIM, ADAS, CAN communications, and vehicle subsystems. Integration of vehicle electrical components and systems into vehicle electrical architecture.
- Automotive parts knowledge for material selection, production processes, test methods, regulations, and component/sub-system design development process.
- Familiarity with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) and Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)/American Standard Test Method (ASTM).
- Basic operational skills with CAD/CAM design systems (Siemens NX & TcAE or similar). Familiarity with simulation software and common diagnostic equipment. Basic GD&T knowledge.
- Familiarity with BOM, FMEA, ECR process, & Root Cause analysis.
- Problem solving skills (5-Why, 8D, Fishbone diagrams)
- Additional knowledge in electric or hybrid vehicle integration is a plus
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient PC skills in Windows applications/Microsoft Office and presentation applications.
- Proficient with multi-meter, oscilloscope (PicoScope software), basic hand tools,
- Familiar with the construction of SOR / SOW and other specification writing tools.
- Self-motivated, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to sketch, interpret drawings and 3D virtual designs.
- Investigative and research skills such as benchmarking, internet search techniques, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, cross cultural communication experience.
- Must be able to obtain and keep a commercial driving license and medical certificate.
The employee must be able to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer. This is primarily a sedentary position in a controlled office environment which requires only occasional reaching, stooping, and lifting of office files, reports or records, typically weighing 5 lbs. or less. Requires occasional light lifting (5-25 lbs.) and on rare occasions, heavy lifting (60 lbs.). Must be able on rare occasions to bend, crawl, climb, crouch, kneel and reach above shoulder level in the performance of job duties. Position requires 20 – 30% domestic and international travel, including overnight stays.
Our employees love our workplace and here’s why:
- We are a team-oriented, diverse and friendly place to work
- State-of-the-art R&D facility with engine and vehicle test labs
- We partner with universities and industry leaders to source key talent and stay in touch with the latest technological advancements
- Exclusive employee discounts from our affiliates
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401(k) w/ company match, annual retirement contribution, and more
- Bonus program tied to overall company and individual performance goals
For more information on these benefits and our additional benefits, please visit our website at http://www.isuzu.com/benefits.html
If, at any point in the application process (including hiring), you would like to request a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious need, please contact Isuzu and we'll be happy to engage in an interactive process with you.
Step 1: How to Apply
Apply as soon as possible with your resume.
Click the "Apply" button and complete the questions on Work Authorization.
Step 2: The next steps after you apply will include the following:
If you’re a good fit, we’ll contact you to conduct interviews.
We will contact you for a 20 - 30-minute phone interview in order to discuss the position, your interests, and qualifications.
You may then be invited for a phone, video, and/or in-person interview(s) with the hiring team and/or manager.
If selected, we’ll extend you a conditional offer pending a successful background check and reference check.
Step 3: Our goal is to find the best team and culture fit, make an offer ASAP, and get you started on our awesome onboarding process.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
- Isuzu participates in the E-Verify Program.
- Please, no staffing firms or agencies.
As part of Isuzu’s global team, ITCA will act as the North America technical center of expertise to enhance Isuzu’s leadership position in transportation, commercial vehicles, and diesel engines, supporting our customers and respecting the environment. ITCA is committed to providing expertise in:
Commercial truck and diesel engine technology in the North American market.
Diesel engine development and testing to meet stringent North American emissions and diagnostic requirements.
Vehicle planning, engineering, and testing for collaboration with Isuzu North American partners as well as Central and South American business units.
Isuzu Technical Center of America, Inc.
Why Work Here?Isuzu Technical Center of America (ITCA) currently serves as the headquarters of Isuzu’s Research & Development arm in North America, providing expertise in planning, engineering, testing, validation, and compliance of commercial vehicles and diesel engines. Through cooperation with Isuzu Motors, our North American affiliates, and Central and South American business units, ITCA is committed to the process of engineering value into Isuzu products to provide absolute customer satisfaction, performance, efficiency, safety, and green technologies while meeting increasingly-stringent emissions and diagnostic requirements. Mission Statement As part of Isuzu’s global team, ITCA will act as the North America technical center of expertise to enhance Isuzu’s leadership position in transportation, commercial vehicles, and diesel engines, supporting our customers and respecting the environment. ITCA is committed to providing expertise in: Commercial truck and diesel engine technology in the North American market. Diesel engine development and testing to meet stringent North American emissions and diagnostic requirements. Vehicle planning, engineering, and testing for collaboration with Isuzu North American partners as well as Central and South American business units. http://www.isuzutechcenter.com/about-us/
ITCA is the center of expertise to enhance Isuzu's leadership position in transportation, commercial vehicles, and diesel engines.