Please note: This role is based in Anaheim, CA.
Isuzu North America Corporation (INAC) is looking for a Field Quality Engineer who will be responsible for ensuring the coordination of technical information from various sources, preparing detailed technical reports and submitting field investigation results to management, and providing technical and administrative support to resolve service problems to minimize customer dissatisfaction and reduce warranty cost.
This position is more analytical and requires strong Excel and data analysis skills. If you have those skills and are mechanical-minded (know the fit and function of vehicle parts and systems) enough to know or understand what's going on with a vehicle, this might be the perfect position for you.
- All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
- Isuzu participates in the E-Verify Program.
- Relocation is not offered for this position. Local Candidates only.
- Please, no staffing firms or agencies.
- Prepares detailed documentation to present at the Field Quality Meetings (FQM); coordinates and tracks status of each issue until resolution and completion.
- Investigates and analyzes warranty claims, Technical Information Reports (TIR), Technical Assistance Line (TAL) cases, and field product reports to support the FQM process. Follows up with manufacturers and vendors to identify root-cause findings.
- Conducts special investigations and submits TIRs to Isuzu Motors Limited to support product improvements with engineering data. Supports field service group to resolve critical customer complaint issues.
- Evaluates and tests warranty parts returned to duplicate field complaints, determines root cause, and develops formal written reports to support corrective actions with manufacturers or vendors.
- Monitors large fleet service issues by analyzing and monitoring failures and complaints. Supports field service to improve customer dissatisfaction by prioritizing corrective actions for each fleet.
- Assists Service Readiness group to develop labor time guides, Technical Service Bulletins (TSB), diagnostic scan tools, workshop manuals, and related field corrective actions.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering.
- Minimum three years of automotive service/quality experience; mechanical background required.
- Strong mechanical and electronic expertise in troubleshooting repair, overhaul, and installation of commercial vehicle products.
- In-depth knowledge of diesel and gas engines, fuel electronics system, and exhaust gas after-treatment system.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong PC skills in Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.).
- High ability to work independently and handle multiple objectives and cases at one time.
- Strong written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Proficient statistical analysis skills.
- Must maintain good driving record and driver license Class C or better with knowledge of commercial regulations.
- The employee must be able to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer.
- Must have the ability to work under a vehicle including bending, crawling, and stooping, and under some severe hot and cold conditions.
- Must have the ability to lift approximately 60 lbs.
- Position requires travel, at least 10-25% of the time including overnight stays, international travel, and occasional weekend travel/stays.
- We offer market-based pay with the opportunity for annual merit increases and bonuses.
- We provide comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans.
- We 401K Savings Plan (with company match), as well as an annual retirement contribution from Isuzu regardless of whether you contribute.
- We also offer paid sick days, vacation days, personal day(s) and company holidays.
For more information on these benefits and our additional benefits, please visit our website at http://www.isuzu.com/benefits.html
If, at any point in the application process (including hiring), you would like to request a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious need, please contact me via LinkedIn and we'll be happy to engage in an interactive process with you.
Step 1: How to Apply
- Apply as soon as possible with your resume.
- Click the "Apply" button and complete the questions on Work Authorization, Travel, and Salary Expectations.
Step 2: The next steps after you apply will include the following:
If you’re a good fit, we’ll contact you to conduct interviews.
- We will contact you for a 20 - 30-minute phone interview in order to discuss the position, your interests and qualifications.
- You may then be invited for a phone, video and/or in-person interview(s) with the hiring team and/or manager.
- If selected, we’ll extend you a conditional offer pending a successful background check and reference check.
Step 3: Our Goal is to find the best team and culture fit, make an offer ASAP and get you started on our awesome onboarding process.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.