Aftersales Service Engineer - Powertrain
Isuzu Motors America, LLC Little Rock, AR
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Responsible for the implementation and coordination of all service & rental aftersales programs and policies regarding Remanufacturing, Rental Support Programs, New Product Launch Integration and Training Development. Provides direct support and guidance to program operators and operations to guide their success while making continual improvements.
% of time spent
on each activity
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Remanufacturing Programs - Work with existing suppliers to ensure current program success while managing the process flow from the supplier with the remanufacturing facilities and purchasing customers. Benchmark future remanufacturing facilities & operations. Continually improve process flow at all levels while developing new opportunities to drive sales, increase profitiability and decrease costs. Continually improve the customer operation & experience while capturing new customers and driving further sales with existing customers.
2. Rental Service Programs – Identify, develop and foster new market programs to increase rental network support, improve warranty options and increase rental network utilization of genuine Isuzu parts & service. Work with distributors to provide parts support, improve processes related to supply, warranty and service. Monitor market trends to proactively identify parts supply needs, service support fluctuations and warranty issues to prepare the ISZJ & ISZA team and distributor network.
3. New Product & Business Development – Work with all facets of the ISZJ and ISZA teams to integrate new technologies, products, OEMs and customers into the aftersales market. Proactively target and support new customers with the aftersales operations of Isuzu PT; including parts program integration, development and support. Identify new business opportunities for existing programs, such as the Isuzu Telematics/Diagnostics/Prognostics (TDP) system while developing & preparing new business, such as the 4HV1 product launch with service integration.
4. Training Development - Communicates ISZA objectives to the Distributor Service Training Advisory Board. Leads ISZA in the development of training. Manages and reports training completion rates using a wide array of metrics to improve Isuzu’s portion of business within the network and subsequently, reduce warranty cost. Develops training requirements for ISZA’s direct OEM’s as well as large rental fleets. Builds relations to ensure training needs are understood by closing gaps ensuring a growing training program. Ensures distributor management is receiving Isuzu support based on periodic report sharing. Identifies areas of improvement and creates action plans accordingly.
- Reports to: Manager, Service & Aftersales
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & TRAINING:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Automotive and Heavy Equipment Management, Diesel Technology, Automotive Technology, or equivalent directly related work experience
- Minimum three years similar level and related experience, preferably with an engine manufacturer
- Knowledge of diesel engine construction and operating principles
- Understanding of engine & parts remanufacturing programs
- Knowledge of electronic engine controls, diagnostics, and service tools
- Understanding of service and parts operations including warranty systems
- Knowledge of customer relations
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proficient PC skills in all Windows applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective, individual negotiation and problem resolution skills
The employee must be able to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer. This is primarily a sedentary position in a controlled office environment which requires only occasional reaching, stooping, and lifting of office files, reports or records, typically weighing 5 lbs. or less. Also requires rare instances of lifting light to heavy material, 5-60 lbs.
Position requires travel, up to 50% including overnight stays.
Looking for a candidate in these regions: East Texas, Southern Arkansas, Western Mississippi, Louisiana, Michigan, Ohio
Will consider candidates from other regions if a good fit for the role
Isuzu Motors America, LLC
Today, home base for the PowerTrain Division of Isuzu Motors America, LLC is Plymouth, Michigan. Thanks to the hard work and determination of this team, we are proud to offer more than 30 different engine models with power ranges beyond 500 hp, for use in both on- and off-road applications. And, with a growing network of master distributor locations and over 300 authorized service dealers in North America, it is easy for any customer to obtain the most advanced, reliable diesel engines in the world. Just ask our customers. They know they can count on us for much more than unparalleled engine performance. www.isuzuengines.com
AddressLittle Rock, AR