Our client, a leader in design, development, and manufacture of innovative aerospace systems, located in Broomfield, Colorado, has a 5+ month contract-to-hire opportunity for an Employee Communications Specialist.
What You’ll Do
- Work with the Manager of Employee Communications to create and execute a comprehensive marketing and communications plan for an internal audience.
- Align Employee Communications strategies and messaging with client branding and strategy.
- Proactively research and identify editorial content across multiple channels – newsletter, intranet, digital signage, etc.
- Collaborate with internal and external resources and subject matter experts to create content for an internal audience.
- Write, format, proofread and distribute a variety of communications.
- Maintain a quality control process so all content is on-brand, error-free, consistent in style and messaging to optimize the user experience and achieve organizational objectives.
- Participate in weekly ideation meetings.
- Plan and support weekly distribution of company newsletter and updates to the intranet site.
- Manage assigned projects and communication calendars to ensure that all campaigns and projects have a complete execution timeline, accountabilities, and delivery schedule; track action items; conduct design and implementation reviews; and research and resolve issues.
- Manage inboxes.
- Plan and support employee events.
- Serve as a liaison to a client business unit or function, which will include developing a strategic communications plan for that business or function and working with the Marketing & Communications team to execute on all internal and external communications to support that business/function.
- Develop metrics and create monthly reports and data-driven insights gained from analytics to inform marketing and communications function strategies.
- Support budget management.
- Provide Employee Communications counsel to internal stakeholders.
- Support marketing, photo, video, trade shows and events as needed.
- Assist with special events or projects as they arise.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need
- BS/BA in communications, journalism, public relations or related field.
- Experience in the Aerospace and Defense industry preferred.
- Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Business acumen.
- Writing and editing; experience writing for different audiences using different methods of communication.
- Knowledge of internal/employee communication best practices, strategies and tactics.
- Strong interpersonal skills; the ability to collaborate with individuals and teams at all levels, whether at client or external to the client.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Event planning experience.
- Project management skills.
- Public speaking experience.
- Ability to execute quickly, creatively, independently and well.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, with the ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities and projects.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Photography and video experience desired.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between client campuses and other possible non-client locations may be required.
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Istonish and client are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.